Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread removal

Kane Anderson
@kane-anderson
13 years ago
11 posts

so im taking out my dreads this weekend :( and i wanted to know the easiest way to get them out without cutting them. thanks

updated by @kane-anderson: 02/14/15 12:25:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why are u taking them out? dont thats the easiest way just leave em be

but if u musy then soak in any cheap conditioner or olive oil and carefulkly comb or brush out from the tu=ip slowly it can take hours each dread keep adding more conditioner as needd

if u can do it with a soft bristled brush it might be slower but will be gentler on the hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kane Anderson
@kane-anderson
13 years ago
11 posts

thanks. im taking them out cause i got offered a very high paying job but the clients they work with dont take people with dreads serious. its not forever tho cause i cant live without dreads for too long so i hope to b dreading again by 2014

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt do it the clients can deal with it who cares how serius they take u if your serius about your job

keep your dreads do yopur job well

the clients that wont take ya seriusly wouldnt anyway no matter what ya do

--
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

I agree with SE.. You shouldn't have to change for them.. They should change for you! I would suggest just keeping them tied back while you are at work. Plenty of people wear ponytails..

keaton b
@keaton-b
13 years ago
9 posts

good choice my dude. you can always come back and get dreads. money isopportunity and its hard enough to get a good paying job as it is.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no poor choice

over and over ppl have cut dreads for a job only to still not get the job

others who refused to cut for a job got the job

in the end it makes no difference at all except u sell out u end up miserable and dreadloss

keaton b said:

good choice my dude. you can always come back and get dreads. money isopportunity and its hard enough to get a good paying job as it is.

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

sad that you have to take them out but i totally understand. jobs are definitely hard to come by and we all need to make a living. plus its just hair and you can have dreadlocks again in the future. good luck to you!

ashr
@ashr
13 years ago
9 posts

I am a lead dev in a big corporate. People that dont know me yet always raise their eyebrows when they see all my tattoos, shaved head and what seems to them as an 'unkept dirty beard'. After working with me for a couple of hours they realise that my appearance really has nothing to do with how well I do my job and it's smooth sailing from there. But eh if they don't even want to give you a chance based on your appearance, there's not much you can do if you need the money. I do however think that you'll regret it and if it was me I woulda told em to stick their high paying job.

keaton b
@keaton-b
13 years ago
9 posts

hair will grow till the day you die. opportunities like this are once in a life time. gotta get yourprioritiesstraight.

soaring eagle said:

no poor choice

over and over ppl have cut dreads for a job only to still not get the job

others who refused to cut for a job got the job

in the end it makes no difference at all except u sell out u end up miserable and dreadloss

keaton b said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form