Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can interlocked dreads actually dread

Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts

so the ends of my dreads. the first 5 inches have been interlocked long before i knew it wasnt good. My hair is about 6inches long now and at about 6 months, and its still not locking up. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG ??

will the interlocked stuff ever lock up...smh. this wait for the process is killing me. I dunno if I can wait 2 years for locks. im tempted to cut it all off again.

updated by @sampson: 01/13/15 09:09:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean its mnot "locking up" it should but with gaps and weak points and be kinda zigzaggy the only way i can see it not locking is if they wre done so tightly they couldnt move or if waxz or somethig was used too

but what exactly sduo u mean by not locking and can u show pics

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts

yeah ill upload some images. WAX was used. I definitely washed my hair..lightly..and realized my hair is just twisted together...its not matted at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wax will prevent dreading were u still going to a loctician or something?

remove all traces of wax wash them really good and as soon as the wax is fgoner they will dread leave em alone dont twist dont mess with em just wash em

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not a good idea to have a huy who did them

yes washings good twisting them isnt a good idea

and can do alotta harm

they are best left to dread on theyre own just washing them

Tyler said:

Wait....Twisting new dreads slow the process?

I've had mine for almost two weeks and I've been told by the guy who did them and my mom to wait about 2-3 weeks to wash. I was (and still am) a little skeptical on this,because I read on here that dreads mature faster when they're clean,which makes sense,but I assume because my dreads are new,maybe it isn't a good idea to wash them yet.

soaring eagle said:

remove all traces of wax wash them really good and as soon as the wax is fgoner they will dread leave em alone dont twist dont mess with em just wash em

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would you?

look at my traction alopecia discussion i posted a few days ago

twisting can make u go bald

why would u want to twist them

Tyler said:

Can I twist them when they're mature?

soaring eagle said:

its not a good idea to have a huy who did them

yes washings good twisting them isnt a good idea

and can do alotta harm

they are best left to dread on theyre own just washing them

Tyler said:

Wait....Twisting new dreads slow the process?

I've had mine for almost two weeks and I've been told by the guy who did them and my mom to wait about 2-3 weeks to wash. I was (and still am) a little skeptical on this,because I read on here that dreads mature faster when they're clean,which makes sense,but I assume because my dreads are new,maybe it isn't a good idea to wash them yet.

soaring eagle said:

--
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

I agree with SE! It is so much easier to do it yourself if that is the choice that you make. Ever since I was 12 I have been going to hair salons feeling dissappointed and I lost a lot of hair in the process. Not until the mid 90's did I realize that I was spending money on something I could do on my own.

Have you ever thought of lettting them freeform? Just wash and seperate them. Or don't seperate them if you want them to join together. Look at Bob Marley's dreads. He never did anything."I just wash it and then leave it." Someone posted a video of him saying these exact words here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly twisting can cause baldness and if its ignored too long u can be permenantly bald from it

its better to let em be

--
Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts

is there a way to keep them neat looking while they are forming without twisting them ? I work in a corporate world.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

define "neat looking"

neat looking is really just a matter of tying them back keeping them seperated stuff like that neat looking is not the uim going bald look salons make u thik it is

if u feel they must be perfectly round without any bumps excessive palm rolling but be warned that too much palm rolling can cause the same problems

and technicaly if you have a spiritual reason fpr dreading they dont have to be and shouldnt be neart looking for a coororate job since its illegal to descriminate if they asre religios in nature

so for work simply tye em back

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form