dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Soon to be Dreaded, Geek Girl Pheebs! <3

GeekGirlPheebs
@geekgirlpheebs
13 years ago
4 posts

Hello, darlings! <3

I'm a dreadlocks lover, ever since I was young. (Guys with dreads are so haaaawwwwwttttttt.) It's always interested me, but I've been afraid of the commitment it takes to dread your hair. So, no, I don't have dreads ... yet. I decided since I'm moving to San Francisco, what the hell! This marks the beginning of a new life for me -- a life where I explore who I am and try new things regardless of society's opinion.

I'm a 19 year old hippie chick at heart, but I'm somewhat of a yuppie in demeanor. Not financially, of course. Still a college kid. I do hope to be very successful in life, though.

I'm also what you would call a Stiletto Stoner. I'm hardworking, informed, socially graceful, fashionable ... and a pothead in my free time. They expect all female stoners to be dirty, hairy, and fat, which is both offensive to me and to dirty, hairy, and fat people.

As you can guess, I'm super liberal, not that I feel people should be separated by politicalideologiesor egos. I am a little scared of super conservatives, though. Conditioning from past wounds, I guess.

I am also a GEEK. Yes, bona fide geek. The kind of geek that plays a video game until EVERYTHING has been completed and collected. The kind of geek who names her cat, Luna, after the black cat in Sailor Moon. The kind of geek who has a third party preference for comic books. The kind of geek who makes out with a Mudkip cosplayer. And the kind of geek who spends her free time learning to knit a Tom Baker scarf.

Feel free to chat with me about ANYTHING. I'm super chatty and sweet. I love new friends!! :3

Attached are some pics of me and my hair, though, it's a bit longer right now:

Wouldn't it look great dreaded?? ;)

Peace & Love,

GeekGirlPheebs

updated by @geekgirlpheebs: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts

Welcome, great to meet you! You're gonna look great with dreads.

And I have to say how great I think it is that you let yourself be you, without feeling you have to 'fit' into a certain 'group' of people. It's really rare these days.

GeekGirlPheebs
@geekgirlpheebs
13 years ago
4 posts

Thank you so much, Rainbow Fortune!

And that is the big motivation for me to actually start my dreads. I've spent a large part of my life trying to be normal or hating myself for not being normal. I've also tried rejecting natural chaos in my life instead of embracing it. I think my dreadlocks will be symbolic of that embrace.

Thanks again! Feel free to chat with me anytime.

Rainbow Fortune said:

Welcome, great to meet you! You're gonna look great with dreads.

And I have to say how great I think it is that you let yourself be you, without feeling you have to 'fit' into a certain 'group' of people. It's really rare these days.

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts

I know exactly what you mean. I have spent a lot of time trying to find myself within certain groups, because the society makes us believe that we have to be labeled, and to fall into that certain category without crossing the borders and wandering off to another group. But then I realized that that is what is not normal, and that being everything, whatever you want to be is the right path. :) Dreads will definitely help you embrace everything you are and to get to know yourself even better. I am about a month into neglect and I can already feel the difference. The best of luck to you on your journey! :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i love geeks and u will look amazing with dreads

so lets talk and get u started on yoiur amaxzing dread journey

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steven Wind
@steven-wind
13 years ago
62 posts

You're gonna look so great with dreads!

Embrace it :)

And San Francisco, huh?

I'm 19 as well and oh, man, if I was leaving Illinois to go live in San Francisco right now..

That's my dream. But it's expensive in San Fran and without an Associate's/Bachelor's in anything, I feel like I would basically be homeless if I moved there.

So good luck to you! :)

Welcome. Everyone's really awesome here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

most 19 year oldsa who move to san fran thinking its a hippie paradise end up living behind a dumpster addicted to heroin ..thats the reality and yea its rediculi[osly expebsive your better off in oregon

--
GeekGirlPheebs
@geekgirlpheebs
13 years ago
4 posts

Thank you all for the love! I have family in the Bay Area, so I'm not worried! They would never let that happen to me, and I'm WAY too much of a competent human being and survivor to mix myself up with heroin or homelessness.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i figured as much just alotta kids get the idea to run away to haight and think its a romantic dream and get tgere get messed up in drugs and end up livin behind a dumpster ..its mostly the kids that think its a hippie paradise that get into trouble

--
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

hiya mate welcome to the journey

im guessing geek stands for

GorgeousEnlightenedEasygoingKnottyGirlPheebs

nothing wrong with getting your geek on every now and then, i was raised on comics, could still play all night on video games(not that i can find time,lol) and damn cosplay girls are sooooo cute.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form