Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How did you start your dreads? All in, did some tester dreads, did one dread first, etc?

Alex Greijn
@alex-greijn
13 years ago
8 posts

I find it funny when some people only have one dread. I've met several people who do one dread, keep it for aa year or so, then dread their whole head. While others will do one dread and only one, and just cut it out the following year or two.

I went all in when I did my dreads. I twisted my hair in the mirror to get some idea of what it might look like and decided it was happening.

How did, or didn't, you ease your self into dreads?

updated by @alex-greijn: 01/13/15 09:09:34PM
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

I went all in too. Didn't test anything, just learned how to do it (the "bad" way), got everything and had my auntie backcomb my hair and do it all for me. I didn't even look at the first one to make sure it was OK, I was just sure that it was what I wanted

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i went camping it dreaded by itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
brittany leigh
@brittany-leigh
13 years ago
11 posts

I actually did a "test dread". Backcomb. Then 2 months later did another test backcomb dread. At the same time that I did the second test dread, I stopped brushing my hair. No more backcombing or doing any type of maintenance. I'm doing the rest all natural. I love the wildness look of it.

Niko
@niko
13 years ago
9 posts

I've always really liked dreads. I'll see someone with dreads and my mouth will go :O

My hair's curly so my dreads are starting relatively quickly I think, but I have put in a few tnr dreads for fun, and to compare the difference. Maybe I'll stick to one or the other, maybe both, I don't know yet. I'm just having fun with this whole experience- despite what others say to me....but at least my roommate says I'm "cute as a teddybear" when she sees me sitting in front of my mirror, examining my little knots with a smile...

Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts

I just said screw it all and threw away my combs =O

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

natural. found that hair finds eachother at the roots then go from there. its changing everyday and sometimes blows my mind. right now i have a crap load of baby locks.

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I went all out and just threw away my brush and went from there. I tnr'd a couple but mainly went completely natural (other than washing, seperating etc...) The ones I tried to TnR around my face are by far the least dreaded on my head too to be honest! my 2 year old actually has a natural dread and my husband and I have been going back and for between letting the rest of her hair dread or not. SHe loves her one "breadlock" as she calls it and keeps asking to get more, but her curly hair is sooo gorgeous, and at the same time to brush her hair is a battle lol so we shall see, so that's why she only has one to start with :P.

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

all in's the only way to go...i'm all natural right now, although i have on t&r "dread" in the front..i hate how it looks compared to my natural ones..i'll probably wrap it one of these days...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form