Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads/tips are looking like crap and are really loose!

Moon gloW
@moon-glow
13 years ago
11 posts

Check out the pictures I just uploaded to my page of my baby dreads . I know I have a lot of loose hairs, that's not what I'm worried about. I have one to three inches of pretty much straight hair at the ends of my dreads . At first I was re-dreading the ends, but I don't want to do any maintenance and I don't want the tips to "start over" after each wash. I am just worried they aren't going to stay in or something. One on the back is only dreaded about an inch in the middle! Any advice/tips? And I know I need to chill, but I have to be "clean" for the time being.

updated by @moon-glow: 02/14/15 08:05:31AM
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Your dreads look fine to me truly. Try leaving the loose ends alone, they're not obvious. Could be you're seeing them as being messier than they really are. Good luck with the job-hunting, I'm sure your dreads won't be a problem.

Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts

Hey man, if you think about it the end of dreads are hair anyway. On the end of a dread u have about an inch of hair and if ure dreads are 3 inches long with 1 inch root, 1 inch dread and 1 inch hair. Dont worry about it man, its not the tips u wanna worry about it the roots !

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theyre fine just your hairs lil short so it will unravel leave them alone and be patient

and

no its not the roots u should worry about u shouldnt worry bout them at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

All a part of the process...don't sweat it :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if they look like crap they are making progresss

--
Moon gloW
@moon-glow
13 years ago
11 posts

You guys are always so supportive! Yea it is a little short haha. SE, can you explain to me how new hair actually dreads? I keep thinking about it and I cannot figure out what it does to keep dreading! Thanks guys!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not complicated take a few hairs tie a knot in em the hairs no longer are straight and even so its the perfect condition for 1 hair to loop through another and create a new knot

--
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

Different parts of my dreads are looser than others...they take different speeds, that's all. They won't fall apart just cos you wash them unless you're being extremely rough with your hair, so just relax and let it take it's time. Of course the whole dread isn't going to lock up at the same rate

Moon gloW
@moon-glow
13 years ago
11 posts

Yea, the bottom two inches of most of the dreads came out and went back to pretty much straight hair. It did feel funny, but it was definitely not dreaded. I went ahead and used my dreading method to redo the tips again. I know I said I wouldn't, but I started doing it without paying attention sitting in a parking lot waiting for a friend. Once I started, I couldn't stop until they were all nice again. I will post some pictures very soon so you can see the difference. It is seriously like a 180. I know what I'm about to say might sound fucked up, but what I'm going to do is not wash my hair for two to three weeks while spraying it with a sea salt solution. Hopefully this will dry them out and they will have time to settle in a little bit before I wash my scalp again. I probably do need to be more gentle!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form