Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

paganism in a christian society

Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
I don't really know what religion to say that I am. I have done A LOT of research on many different forms of religion, and I have come to the conclusion that I can't really consider myself a certain religion until I know everything about every religion. That is a pretty impossible mission. Plus, no one can really KNOW everything there is to know. I do believe in nature and all the beauty it beholds on this planet. The only religion that I know of that comes close to worshiping nature is Wicca, I know a lot about it, and it intrigues me very much...but I still am not wiccan. Evolution makes sense, but some of the pieces don't add up. Then there's always the question of what created the atom? There is said to be proof that Jesus walked this earth. I completely think this is true, but my savor? I don't know about that. This is pretty much just a religious rant, but I hope to learn more by hearing what you all have to say about what you believe. So respond if you aren't the type of person that's easily offended by this sort of conversation!
updated by @torie-shea: 02/04/18 02:55:49AM
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
This whole topic was born from a small discussion on Brittany rassat's photo comment thread on her Roman tree picture. Just thought it would be a cool topic to throw out there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

who says its a christian society? oh yea the christuians who creatted christian sociaety by forcing others to convert under threat of torture death dismemberment or burning at the stake

yea they insist its a christian socierty to the point where no politician has a hope of even being alowed to run if they arent christian or at least jewish

but is it a christian society?

i swear i know 10 wicans and pagans for every 1 christian

5 buddhist s

probably 20 whod just say they are spiritual

and 50 athiasts or agnostics

yea they make the most noise

pusgh their agendas loudly

throw up bilboards and crosses and roadsigns and whatever everywhere u look

but just cause they seek the power does that mean they run the society?

(several will step in and protestloudly im sure) but i bet if we took a poll it would be pretty clear that its not a christian society just cause they claim t is

but ok me personaly im more n philosohy

with just a touch of buddhist and well ..personaly ..i believe theres trurth in everything and lies in everythung

theres 1000 diferent religions

each religions broken up into 1000 sects each sect believes someteach sect contains 1000 churches each church teaches the belief their uique way each church contains 1000 people each person takes those teachingas and believes them their own unique way

so even though every religion claims theyre way is the only way ..every way is a billion digfferent ways

so if every billion different way is the right way

uisnt it more likely every single 1 is wroing?

or

maybe they are all right for seeking whats right

does it matter so much that u can say u were right? or maybe irs just he seeeking that truly matters

for that reason i go on seeking

and never getting stuck in what any1 tells me is the 1 and only truth

cause i have thought lomng and hard about each and not 1 makes a bit of sense (i know how dare you think about religion your suposed to just believe wihout thought)

that was quite the rant but ok u mentined the atom

matter cannot be craeatted or destroyed only change state

god always existed and creatted all that is

god is in everything and is everywhere

matter= god

in the begining there was nothingness and with a words all was creatted the word is om

the sound of creation the vibration of the universe the sound the universe continues to make as it expands

in the begining all matter was comprssed to a single point in space a super molicule encosed in this molicule was the design of everything

all the universe compressed into a single point under incerdible pressure the bonds broke and the big bang creatted everything all the matter spreads out recombning into the basic elements which combine into molicules which create protein strands and dna and life

god is in all these things because all these things are made of the ame substance of god

look at theeartgh the universe cant u feel the divinity in it?

yet christiandom says we have dominion over this all its purs to use and abuse and destroy

there was a senator ho would vote against all atempts to stop greenhouse gasses ..his reasons the bible says we will not be detroyed by anoher flood so we dont gotta worry about melting icecaps so drill baby drill

the biggest sin there is is the destruction of what was created for us (or even to believe it was creatted for us alone)

ok this has been a long enough rant i think i had a point here somewhere

maybe the point is

society doesnt need religions to survive but we do need the earth to survive

so by respecting the earth and nature maybe rthe pagans did have it right

that was a long rant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

good point so many ppl spend all theyre lives worrying about an afterlife that they forget to live the only life they got

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

but i do think this should have been started here

http://forums.dreadlockssite.com/index.php

cause this could be a pretty involved discussion that we might not want clggin up the front page for weeks or months

--
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

Thanks for the opener. I've also explored many religions and found much to like and disagree with among them. There's a lot of wisdom in the holy books, but I can't accept any one as totally infallible to the letter. I feel closest to spirit in nature. It's where I go to commune with the God, Goddess, the Great Spirit. Nature gives us both material and spiritual sustenance, yet it can also bring disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis...

So are humans just another species that nature has created, or is there more to us? If we are all one, all equally created in God's image, why do we argue, fight, and even kill to defend our various definitions of God and truth? Being an atheist might seem easier, but then there's the question: what was there before the Big Bang?

From what I know of Wicca, it's a lovely way to celebrate nature and the seasons, yet it doesn't seem to have any stand on these questions. Perhaps that's a good thing. As you said, who can know everything.

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
I consider my self a rationalist more then a atheist. We are a Christian influenced society for sure most things we do and believe has it's roots in Christianity...but this is changing and more and more people are finding values elsewhere.
Religion is about power, always was and always will be. I studied the bible for many years and came to the conclusion that every bible based religion does not know there bible but then again there are many version of the bible and even in the bible itself there are many versions of Christianity. What we call the 4 gospels where not meant to be together. There is no way in knowing who wrote them they where all written at different times ( between 100 and 300 years after Christ)and different places by people that did not know each other and they all paint a different picture of Christ and Christianity.
One more thing why do most westerners when they think of god they see him (I say him because most see god as male) as being loving all powerful and all knowing yet all these qualities contradict themselves for one and second why is it not possible that god is evil incompetent and stupid?
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
These are all really great. Idk, I don't really know how someone can consider themselves Christian if they haven't read the bible. i have a joke. Why do women love Jesus? (Imagine me putting my arms out fully to the side) because he's Hung like this!A funny joke for any religion. :) peace to you all no matter what you believe!
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

I'm kind of at odds with religion.

Like what if there is no god? like there really isn't any proof that he/she exist, but many ppl believe in god and there faith in god helps them through their life. I do believe

I was talking the other day to this girl that worships satan, and she was like I don't believe in god. So I was like how can you believe in satan when you don't believe in god, because satan really wouldn't exist if god doesnt exist.

I don't imagine god being this big dude looking down from the clouds, I just see god as this constant energy in all living things and the earth.

It's kind of sad that people get so much grief for just believing in what they want.

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I was raised Roman Catholic but there were too many things that didn't add up to me. Mostly ancient species, like dinosaurs and such. The great flood. And Genesis... sooo many things about Genesis don't add up. My sister was Wiccan and though she's Mormon now [go figure lol] I leaned a little bit toward what I learned from her. It still sticks with me no matter what, and I think that is because like Hippiegal, I also feel the very closest to everything ancient and holy when I am with nature. It doesn't matter if I'm cooking, baking [bread and sweets usually], harvesting herbs from my garden, planting my garden, tending it, taking a walk to work and smelling the sweet scent of the dirt and leaves and pine needles... I love to celebrate the seasons, too. :D I'm just a pagan in general but Wicca gives me structure, if that makes any sense. I also feel there are both truth and lies in everything, and right now there is a battle between the lies of Christianity and the lies of every other belief system on this planet. Well, in America, anyway. Many people believe our society is Christian, our government is Christian, everybody needs to adhere to Christian principles.... I disagree. Again, there are truth and lies in everything, and this is why everyone needs to have the freedom to believe and practice as they so choose. Although you will not see me celebrating *Christian* holidays such as Christmas or Halloween or Easter, but rather Yule, Samhain, and... well ok that last one is Easter, too. :D

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 02/14/15 06:08:58PM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form