Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Wax Help

Zach2
@zach2
13 years ago
20 posts

I started my dreads just over 1 year ago and i unfortunately used dread wax a few times over the span of the first 3 weeks. Then i found this site and have since done everything i my power to remove the wax. I have used the avena body splash on this site, made my own shampoos with orange and citrus oils, and tried some other things. What I have noticed/am dealing with is that all these dread removal products worked in the sense that they emulsified the wax enough to aid them in start moving the direction of out. After all of these efforts the wax has finally made it too the tips of my dreads . It really appears that i have gotten the majority of it out but now my tips aren't locking and i'm having some trouble with a thin pieces that are waxed coming out of the tips. I have been waiting for knotty and nice to return to etsy for a while but it seems like she isn't going to be back any time soon. I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with something like this or has any advice. my hair has also grown quite a bit and i'm not really concerned anymore with the possibilty of wax destroying my dreads entirely, as i have definitely handled most of it, but i definitely feel inclined to rip out these waxy tips and end this heinous wax scandal once and for all...any advice would be highly appreciated...

updated by @zach2: 01/13/15 09:08:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

vinager soaks

very hot water and lots of dawn dish soap and intence scrubbing

worse case go to walmart get gunkout or dissolvit

both orange oil based but industrial srtrength

they will dissolve tar glue rubber u name it so dilute it alot 1st try or it will dry the hell out of haor and scalp

id do that as a last resort

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach2
@zach2
13 years ago
20 posts
thank you i will give it a go...you guys have really been a dread saver on this site
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form