dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm new :)

Amy Minerva Winfield
@amy-minerva-winfield
13 years ago
9 posts

Hi,

I'm Amy, full time mum and have wanted to do something to my hair for a while, I really struggle with my hair, it's a nightmare to brush every morning and hurts like hell and even then when it is brushed it looks awful it goes all fluffy....so I put it up...

But about 10 days ago I decided to stop brushing and let it do it's own thing...I have a few friends who have crocheted their hair so looked into it but I don't think any of the dreading mathods are for me...So natural is the way to go...

However my hair looks amazing! Messy and squggly and twiddly and twirly, this is the 1st time I have loved my hair and it's messy! So I am not bothered if it dreads or not now :P No more brushing is the absolute highlight! No more pain in the mornings!

I just have to figure out what sectioning is and see how it goes....but so far letting my hair free has boosted my self confidence for once I don't care what others think of me!

Chat soon xx

updated by @amy-minerva-winfield: 01/13/15 09:08:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and u definately dongt wanna cri=ochet in fact tell your freinds they shouldnt either its soooo destructive

now it will secrtion itseld and then dread

just keep the sections seperated so u dongt get huge dreads thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Minerva Winfield
@amy-minerva-winfield
13 years ago
9 posts

I also have another couple of questions and not sure where to post them, my husband is growing his beard and wants to dread that, would it be the same as with head hair? lol, not too sure, we both want to go the natural route but he also wants it to be right too :)

Thanks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

my beard dreaded naturally and even congoed

so yea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
bad seed
@bad-seed
13 years ago
10 posts
yayyy, i also always hated my hair, it was so stupid and flat and fine...i loved it best when it was messy but always felt like it wasn't "proper" to have messy hair...Now I have dreads I am loving the messiness, it's so liberating to just let it do whatever :D good luck with yours!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form