Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I fear i might have to say goodbye to dreads....

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

all my dreads just want to congo together. i know thats normal but everyday i have to rip at every dread and it causes me to get headaches everyday. This makes me so sad. i'm only 2 months in and i was so excited to watch watch them grow, but i just don't know if i can handle the pain it causes me :(

updated by @andrea-schneider: 01/13/15 09:08:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u ripping them when wet?

can you wrap em or bead em to keep em seperated?

is the hair super dry so dreadig real fast? mayube a slight slight conditioning will sloew things just enough so that its not a daily struggle to control it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i took a closwe4 look and your sectiions u got dreads practicly coming from inside other dreads

theres a couple podssioble solutions

1. let some congo that really want to b e congos but try not to let too many become 1
  2. seperate more thouroughly after ripping them apart as well as u can truy to wiggle a finger inder hairs that are coming from under or near 1 dreads going into another and a few hairs at a time pull out and break so they are now loose hairs that can decide wich dread to join instead of being forced into 1 when they are really from the base of another
  3. if thats too hard then u can surgicly clip just those few hairs that are better off in other sections be careful to only do the worse 1's givin the most trouble..this isnt the best option but is the least painful

whichecver optuiions u do its easiest less painful when wet

--
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

i do seperate them while they are wet. much easier that way for sure. I do plan on wrapping some tonight when they dry to stop them from congoing. however, will the wraps slow the dreading process down?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope not really

--
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

okay. fantastic! oh and i have noticed the day i wash my hair it is really dry. i need to switch shampoos when i can buy more. i've noticed i'm getting white flakes in my roots. no itchiness though

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u washing with now?

--
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

i'm using nutragena anti-residue shampoo today i tried just putting a little shampoo in my baking soda mix to see if that works and then using a acv rinse. once i get paid i'm gonna buy sone sauve daily clarifying shampoo

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form