dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Uncertainty - to dread or not

Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Hi!

I'm new to this forum but already posting. :)

I really like dreads , one of my friends has the most exquisite dreads I have ever seen - she is such an inspiration for me. I would really like to get dreads, and I actually have tried them a couple of times already but I always end up taking them off. :(

For the past couple of days I've been pondering why I do this, but I'm still not sure. It seems like I have two personalities - one who has dreads and one who has straight hair and somehow I can't mix these two personalities into one. Like, I sing and dance but somehow these things don't go together with dreads (I sing classical music and dance ballet and modern dance). I really astonish myself with this - I really would like to have dreads but then again not, because I feel they are not "me". Or something.

Sorry about this long rant, not sure what I actually wanted to ask or tell.. perhaps ask if any one of has had the same kind of experience?

At the moment I'm once again at the verge of making dreads again, butI don't think my hair could actually go through such an ordeal once again of dreading and taking them off. (Yeah, I drive my boyfriend and my friends crazy with this thing... :S )

updated by @purkurr: 01/13/15 09:08:43PM
Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Oh, and sorry! I think this might be the wrong sub-forum for this topic.. :/

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

simple solution dont make dreads art all just dont prevent them either

let your hair decide for you

if your hair dreads you will have dreads

if it dont you wont

but..it will want to

so let it

stop killing yourself afgonizing over a decision when all u have to do is decide not to decide and just sit back and enjoy the ride let ature take its course

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Thank you.. I had actually never thought of just letting go.

:)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Welcome Purkurr'] God Bless you whatever you decide! xo<3
Evolet
@evolet
13 years ago
12 posts

hey! I was in the exact same boat. I wanted dreads for almost a year. and I wanted them bad! I could never stop thinking about it. but I was so worried about stuff that really didn't matter....

after all the worrying and wondering what people would think/say...I just said one day "screw it!" and I did it.

I had to get it out of my system. if I never did it I would always wonder....

halfway through having the, done I was having second thoughts but by the time they were done I was suprer happy and every day I love them more and more. I honestly love my dreads sooomuch and my only regret is waiting so long to do them!

my dreads were an act of self love. because I stopped caring about what other people thought and did it for me.

if you feel pulled towards getting dreads then go for it! everything has it's purpose and you could learn a lot about yourself if you just go for it. don't worry about trying to fit into some box....just be you :) I think a classical singer with dreads would be awesome!!!!

love and light

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

we have clasical harp players with dreads

now u cant get any more classivccal then the harp

she pulls it off well

--
Purkurr
@purkurr
13 years ago
44 posts

Thank you all for your replies and kind words! <3 Decided to go with the dreads. :)

For a long time now I've considered women with dreadlocks the most beautiful of women (don't get me wrong, I'm a girl myself). Nowadays the image of a "perfect woman" given to us by the media really irritates me - I hate all the crap that is given to us; what women are expected to look like and be.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i agree with u 1900000000%

a woman with dreads is a beautifukl thing

much much much more appealing then makeup asnd hairspray and silicon implants and all that kinda stuff

read the dreaducation page to start

Purkurr said:

Thank you all for your replies and kind words! <3 Decided to go with the dreads. :)

For a long time now I've considered women with dreadlocks the most beautiful of women (don't get me wrong, I'm a girl myself). Nowadays the image of a "perfect woman" given to us by the media really irritates me - I hate all the crap that is given to us; what women are expected to look like and be.

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form