Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I screwed up, and I need advice.

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts
I was on vacation up until today, and a couple days ago something came over me, and I combed my hair. I still have no idea why I did that. I was almost two months in. But, there is no use in crying over spilled milk, so, I'm getting right back on dreading.BUT.When I combed my hair, I found a soap-like substance stuck in the hair that fell out during the combing-out process. I guess that is the residue. And, since I have no idea where I could find a non-residue shampoo here, I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice on washing my hair and making my own non-residue shampoo or whatever. BC wash is not really an option, because we have hard water here, but if I do not find anything more useful, I guess I could distill some water every couple of days and wash my hair with it and BS.Still, I would prefer any advice on how to make whatever out of whatever, that is to say, how to make any kind of a shampoo from herbs.
updated by @rainbow-fortune: 02/14/15 07:15:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what shampoo were u using?

why do u even own a comb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts

Something pretty cheap, it is made only here, the base of it is nettle and it does not have conditioners, but it obviously has something else...

And the comb was not mine. It was my grandmother's. I do not own one myself. :)

Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

It maybe a residue or dandruff/dead skin that are stuck in between knots.

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts
I never even thought of that. Thanks! :D
Kerry
@kerry
13 years ago
8 posts
Tho I don't condone using all of their products, the shampoo from deadhead hq is great. You can order it online or look up retailers. No credit card, I put $20 on a prepaid visa from 711(idk if you've got them by you) and got mine.Good luck and happy dreading!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a new all natural vegan soap in our shops that works with hard water so u wont have to resort to the chemical dhhq crap that will give u dandruff

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

way better option

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

I would look at this as anopportunityto get your hair really clean and finding a good shampoo/shampoo bar that works well for you instead of seeing it as a set-back. I know the feeling, not with dreads, butabstainingfrom other things. You just have to keep moving forward and you already know I'm sure :)

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts

Thank you, people. I have figured out a solution by myself, but I will most definitely order one of those bars as soon as I earn some money.

I am anything but discouraged. I have, as a matter a fact, reached two months of dreading-again. And this time, I saw more knots in a week than I did in a month the previous time.

Funny, my best friend just got back from a trip and brought me something that can work as a bead, and he did not even know I was dreading again (I made a big fuss about it the last time, and ended up combing my hair, so I decided to keep it to myself this time), so I believe that's the universe telling me this IS the right time for me to do this, and that this time I will not make a mistake. :)

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts

Myabe dreads aren't for you..

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form