Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

no-dread

Mauricio Vasquez
@mauricio-vasquez
13 years ago
2 posts

Hello, i've been reading around for a while but just decided to join.

I stopped combing my hair and went no shampoo (bicarb or natural soap)maybe 3 months ago and I see no progress on my hair. Maybe it's because my hair is thin idk.

I'm about to twist n rip it. need adviceee

:)

updated by @mauricio-vasquez: 01/13/15 09:08:02PM
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
so not even like washing it with water?
Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
13 years ago
19 posts

lol! thin hair dreads better than coarse.. hmm.. i dont know about all of that but.. i would use bronners and just be patient brother.. it will dread, just not before bed.. if you would like the insta-dread so many people fancy these days i would try to backcomb or crochet.. not a look i myself find attractive but some people dig it.. i doubt you will see anything that looks like "progress" for at least 9 months to a year.. just keep burning and let them be.. focusing and obsessing on how fast they are locking can drive someone crazy.. ONeLOVe!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

my hair is fine, thin and wavy and it took a good 5 months to see even a little knotting. i would think coarse hair would knot easier because it has more grip to it.

Rugby Girl said:

You need to clean your hair or the oils from your scalp will condition it and prevent dreading. Fine, thin hair dreads better than coarse, thick hair. The bicarb will help. :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

my hair was really healthy too so it took that long to roughen up the cuticle so it would knot. my hair never knotted before dreading. i didn't even own a brush. lol:)

Rugby Girl said:

Wow, 5 months? I guess it varies from person to person. My hair is really coarse and most of the front sections are still knot-free too (3 months in).

Heather said:

my hair is fine, thin and wavy and it took a good 5 months to see even a little knotting. i would think coarse hair would knot easier because it has more grip to it.

Rugby Girl said:

You need to clean your hair or the oils from your scalp will condition it and prevent dreading. Fine, thin hair dreads better than coarse, thick hair. The bicarb will help. :)

Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
13 years ago
19 posts

hahaha chill!.. yeah i hope i did not come off as an asshat.. but that did make me laugh out loud.. thin, coarse, nappy, or wavy, i dont think it really matters.. it all dreads here.. i think the most important thing to consider is patience.. if you dont have it you might as well start backcombing and breaking out the wax.. not to sound rude of course but no one develops dreads over night and if that particular virtue isnt in your inventory you might as well save yourself time and hair by not dreading at all..

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

It was 8 mos. before I had any progress...now, at 14 mos...I have real dreads. Don't give up...it takes time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form