Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I Going Bald?

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts
So i have been dreading a month and a day, and i really haven't had any major issues. but lately, my hair has been falling out. i have no idea where it comes out of, but it comes out in clumps of like 20 apiece. i first noticed this when i went swimming in a pool and then i saw a ton on my pillow? is there something i'm doing wrong or is this part of the wonderful process?
updated by @fermin-lujan: 02/14/15 09:46:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what are you/have you done to them?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

the average person sheds about 100 hairs a day. Most people do not really notice it because it ends up in a brush. You on the other hand have not combed your hair in a month and a half. So...you are not combing the shed hair out. Your dreads are not mature, so the dreads are not holding onto the shed hair. I would not worry about a few hairs on my pillow. I would worry if HUGE clumps were falling out. But it sounds to me that you are just noticing the normal shed hair.....where you were not able to before dreads.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i agree with taye. unless you have bald spots on your scalp than its most likely normal shedding. i still shed hair at 10 months but i still have a lot of unlocked hair. once it all locks up they will just dread into the locs. its frustrating and irritating but i wouldn't be too concerned.

oh and don't do what i use to do and see hairs hanging down and pull them out. just because they look like they're coming out doesn't mean they wont grab onto the dread they're coming from eventually. now i just let them hang there. if they fall out then oh well but they might grab on and that just mean thicker dreads in the end:) i hope that madesense. lol:)

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts
yeah its not like huge clumps...
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I went through a small stage where it seemed i was shedding everywhere, it lasted for a couple weeks but now I've not seen much shedded at all :)

SensiScott
@sensiscott
13 years ago
12 posts

ohh man i've been pulling them out.. i always wondered about that but it makes sense not to. i will try my best not to anymore lol

Heather said:

i agree with taye. unless you have bald spots on your scalp than its most likely normal shedding. i still shed hair at 10 months but i still have a lot of unlocked hair. once it all locks up they will just dread into the locs. its frustrating and irritating but i wouldn't be too concerned.

oh and don't do what i use to do and see hairs hanging down and pull them out. just because they look like they're coming out doesn't mean they wont grab onto the dread they're coming from eventually. now i just let them hang there. if they fall out then oh well but they might grab on and that just mean thicker dreads in the end:) i hope that madesense. lol:)

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts
oh ok that sounds like what i've been going through. thanks :D

Shanxon Lemasters said:

I went through a small stage where it seemed i was shedding everywhere, it lasted for a couple weeks but now I've not seen much shedded at all :)

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

Damn. I've been pulling the hairs out, too. Those hairs where they're turned literally upside down by the root, waving at you saying, "Let me out! Let me out!" They lied. Well, now I know. It's a habit, though, ya know?! Like running your hands through your hair. Difficult to stop doing it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ah yea the best thing u can do is not mess wuith em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form