Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Athena G
@athena-g
13 years ago
12 posts

Hello everyone. :)

I have been looking into the different processes of dreadlocking for a little while now. That research is what brought me to this website. And so far I love what i have seen here. But, on a different site...I have to question the logic. The following are a few excerpts taken from the "MYTHS" page of the site.

Not combing your hair is the only way/best way to make dreadlocks.

This is called the Neglect method, this is how cavemen made dreadlocks, by just not doing anything to their hair. Thank the Lord we have found new ways to make them because this method take at least a year and the hair doesn't even look like dreads during the time, and many people who have made dreads this way have ended up with such severe cases they had to cut their dreadlocks off and over, usually with the backcombing method.

Wax is not a natural dreadlocking product.

Wax is probably the most natural product you can use on dreadlocks. It comes from bees that are from nature.

Backcombing is not natural.

Backcombing is just about the most natural way to make dreadlocks. Anyone who tells you this doesn't know much about dreadlocks.

The neglect method is the only way to make natural dreadlocks.

Not true at all. There are many other methods that are natural, such as Backcombing, Twist and Rip, Twist and Pin, Twisting, Dread Braiding, and Brush Rubbing.

Rubberbands break the hair.

False. Rubberbands hold the hair together while the dreadlocks are forming to keep the dreadlocks from falling out. So many people and so many sites wouldn't recommend them if they didn't do such a great job.

Dreadlocks damage your scalp.

Dreadlocks do not damage your scalp. In fact your scalp never even knows you have dreadlocks, because the hair starts to dread about an inch away from the scalp.

Some of these are debatable, while some just seem silly...

Their "MAINTAINING" section is also a tad questionable...

Please comment below with your thoughts.

updated by @athena-g: 01/13/15 09:07:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

that sites a total joke ands scam i mean none of it makes sense at all

and natural dreads have always and will always be the preffered method other methods exoist and are popular because sites like that try to scare you away from going natural

backcombing is natural? how do they figure?

wax in uyour hairs natural? if that wre true ppl would all be bald

and no dreads do not damage the scalp unless u force the dread roots to be too tight twisting interlocking crochet etc

even possibly root rubbing

but

every single thing on that sites wrong

its a dreadheadhq clone so ofcourse its all wrong and flawed logic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form