Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads came out completely?

Bethany2
@bethany2
13 years ago
12 posts

So my dreads came out completely. Like they are not knotted or anything it's pretty much back to how it was. I'm not really sure what to do. Should I put them back in?

updated by @bethany2: 02/14/15 01:24:01PM
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I am new to this but I am also thinking that the way you did you dreads might matter. Which method did you use?

Bethany2
@bethany2
13 years ago
12 posts

I used the twist and rip method but i had my friend do it for me.

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Hm... you could check out the page on methods... but I don't know what to do about that. I started with twisted/backcombed/palm rolled dreads, and I couldn't keep up with them. I felt like my hair was getting more and more damaged the more I "fixed" them. So I untangled them and put beads in a few TnR's yesterday, and the rest I'm letting it do natural. I have a feeling though that yours you will just have to leave alone and let them dread out now... but I could be wrong and someone else could have something to say. lol. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no need to put them back in since u never had to put them in to begin with they will dread on their own but if u do then stick some beads in them and if they come apart again do nothing just wait for them to dread

backcombing tends to fall apart ioften tnr can too just not as often if done well but if they fall apart it dont matter they still dread right back yup

but lets examoine a few things

1. is your hair oily?
  2. did you touch or play with it much
  3. how are you washing (technique)
  4. how are u drying
  5. what did u wash with
  6. how longs the hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
konviet
@konviet
13 years ago
2 posts
i did tnr also....they came out two or three weeks later...i had a dozen more put back in and i rubberband the tips...they stayed in and im just letting the rest of my head do whatever and it seems to be working alot better...first i notice seperation and the other day i noticed one lock in the back of my head....so my suggestion is to listen to everybody else and just be patient and do nothing but wash every two days....i should of did the same instead of tnr and breakin my hair.....
Bethany2
@bethany2
13 years ago
12 posts

My hair isn't oily it's kinda dry actually

Yea I did mess with them quite a bit

i just washed them with a non residue shampoo. I didn't scrub them really I was pretty careful

Sometimes i let them just air dry other times i used a blow dryer just a little bit

The longest part of my hair is 10 in. the shortest is 6in.
soaring eagle said:

no need to put them back in since u never had to put them in to begin with they will dread on their own but if u do then stick some beads in them and if they come apart again do nothing just wait for them to dread

backcombing tends to fall apart ioften tnr can too just not as often if done well but if they fall apart it dont matter they still dread right back yup

but lets examoine a few things

1. is your hair oily?
  2. did you touch or play with it much
  3. how are you washing (technique)
  4. how are u drying
  5. what did u wash with
  6. how longs the hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

probly messsig with em too much

try to keep your hands off em

--
Bethany2
@bethany2
13 years ago
12 posts
Yea I think I am going to TnR again. That sounds like a really good idea =]

Kyle said:

Do you think you are going to TnR them again or let em go natural now? Bead idea doesn't sound bad. If I were to TnR I would fold the ends over (the loose bit at the end of each lock) and slide the bead over it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u fold the ends over that soesnt sound like a good idea u want the tips to stay lopose

just slip a bead over the tips

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form