Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Would Using Different Shampoos Speed Up The Dreading Process?

Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

I wash my hair about once a week sometimes two but manly just once a week. I use kb shampoo. I was curious if switching shampoos every other weekwould be good for the dreads. It could be completley irrelevent. im just curious.

updated by @austin-potter: 01/13/15 09:07:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont see why it would or wouldnt but theres probly better options then kb anyways so its not alternating that would help but finding the 1 that worked best for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts

ok thats cool i hear a lot about apple cider wrinse or something. is this a actuall shampoo you buy or somethings you add together. it seems like a lot of people do it on this site and i want to try it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not a shampoo its a baking soda deep clean after usungf bg when u do it the water will be brown to black its cleans that much gbetter

--
Ryan C
@ryan-c
12 years ago
29 posts

I've heard that salt water helps tighten dreads up faster, and I dont doubt that after seeing what it does to non-dreaded hair. What I'm wondering is how you would put this into the mix of the BS / ACV wash... Any input? Soaring Eagle, any thoughts?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

jut add some sea salt to the bs it should be about 3% of the water volume 3 1/2 % to be exact

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Not only is there the act of finding the shampoo that works best for you but, you have baby dreads and I bet that if you ad another 1 or 2 washings per week they will lock up faster. :)

Usually it's best to have clean hair to dread, so washing 2 - 3 times/per week to remove natural oils will help in the first year. Once they mature going once/week is just dandy.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form