Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ceramic Beads, good or bad

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Okay so I was looking around on Ebay for beads. I came across some ceramic beads like this:

Has anyone ever used ceramic beads and if so did these fit in your dreads? Also are they bad for your dreads?

I figure if these do not fit then I can make a charm bracelet.

updated by @mary: 01/13/15 09:07:23PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
they are good for smaller locks, only 5mm hole. I like them, but too many are heavy, lol. They do well in shampoo & aren't too wide so no mildew prob...
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Yeah I was looking for big hole ones. THey sell them on ebay 5 each. I dont plan to deck out every dread lol

LillyPilly
@lillypilly
13 years ago
16 posts
I had a few of these in my dreads for a while. They were nice to look at but I found they would get stuck on a hair elastic if I was wearing a ponytail and then went to slide the hair elastic out.
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

I have a couple like this and they work fine, though a bit heavy. I prefer wooden beads because they're light and feel more organic and user-friendly.

Andelynn
@andelynn
13 years ago
50 posts

I have several of these in my hair and I love them. They are small, unique and very pretty and keep my skinnier dreads nicely. I am glad you asked this question though because I have been wondering the same thing. I am glad that they will be fine because I bought a whole bunch of them. :)

Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts

Watch out for chipped teeth! Seriously :) Ceramic and glass are to heavy for me.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Yeah I went to Joanns and bought some wooden beads instead. The ceramic beads i do get I will probably make into earring and bracelets.

Tia
@tia
13 years ago
24 posts

These look very similar to the beads I saw at Walmart. I think those ones may be glasswith metal on the inside, though?You can buy a string of maybe7 or 8 of them for $5. Although,they are not all the same, theyhave a similar color scheme, though.I thought they were really pretty and when my hair gets longer and more knotted up, I plan to buy a set of them.

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Yeah I saw them at Walmart and Joann. I ordered them online because they were cheaper. Some had a glass exterior and some were soft. So to play it safe I decided to just make them into earrings and bracelets.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form