Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NEW dreads

jeannie
@jeannie
13 years ago
6 posts

I have had my dreads for almost a week and I want to know when I can wash them. My normal hair I would wash every other day or two days. I know if they are clean they lock better. My husband who has had dreads for 6 years tells me to let them be. He is Jamaican and Brazilian so his hair is WAY different from my Cuban/Chilean hair. I need some advice PLEASE!

updated by @jeannie: 02/14/15 11:34:05AM
Christina
@christina
13 years ago
3 posts

I went almost 3 weeks before i washed for the first time after twist and rip. Granted I only washed abouttwice a week before dreads.At the beginning,when my scalp was getting used tonew dreads, I would wash every 3-5 days just cause my scalp was so soitchy! Now prolly every week and a half to two weeks. So my advice would be to go as long as you can before washing that first time, after that listen to your scalp..it will let you know when its time to wash again :)

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

cleaner is better'] Every few days is good. Don't freak if they unravel they will dread back up themselves. God Bless your journey, Jeannie

jeannie
@jeannie
13 years ago
6 posts

Thank you both so much my scalp is itchy and I do not want to take the chance for my scalp to create dandruff and than I have a bigger issue. I read baking soda takes care of that which is cool. I have not washed my hair in almost a week and my scalp is telling me to wash...lol

Christina
@christina
13 years ago
3 posts

No sweat. Iwouldsuggest Dr Bronners bar soap. I switched to BS washesabout 2 months after getting tnr and keptat itfor another month. Never again. It actually gave me dandruff, when before it was itchy yes but no flakes you could actually see in my hair. After I switched to Dr Bronners, no flakes after a couple weeks. BS worksfor some but not all..

jeannie
@jeannie
13 years ago
6 posts

I am way ahead of you for the Dr. Bronners bar I bought one before I locked thanks for confirming it. I am glad I did something right. I work at Tunie's as in www.tunies.com they are cheaper than anywhere else. Thank soooo much for the advice truly!!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

wash wheneer you want thwe waitting as long as u can is very bad advice u should have washed already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

the liquids a way better option as u dilute it 12-1 so u get 12 times more fr the same price

--
jeannie
@jeannie
13 years ago
6 posts

ok thank you I am going to buy some tomorrow at my job. Thank you very much!!

soaring eagle said:

the liquids a way better option as u dilute it 12-1 so u get 12 times more fr the same price

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

i always save the empty bottles to use for dilution and alotta coops have refil statuons u get a discount for reusing the same bottles over and over

nother thing to love bout bronners

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form