Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My babys

Saphire Fav
@saphire-fav
13 years ago
12 posts
Hey ALL! Here is a quick Journey Journal and techniques I have gone through with one of my babes.I currently only have 4 dreads. Maybe as life continues I will introduce more into my jungle of hair. But as for now, i have 4. Each one patiently and impatiently loved and nurtured.My very first dread! We will call this one rainbow. (Rainbow was intended to be the only dreaad, and would be used to hold my hair up instead of a hair tye.) Rainbow started off in a colorful hair wrap, hoping that maybe it would get dready. As much hope i put into that experiment it never happened. So i began with the frizzing, then pulling hair up to create a knot. I tried so hard to keep the frizz and knots in place but all they did were fall out and create anger in me. I started searching can white girls have dreads? all over google. I lost so much hope with my tiny unhappy dread. When finally one day i decided the back comb method. (DONT JUDGE ME) I still had a professional lice comb my mother used on me as a kid. I started back combing, then pulling the backed up hair down, started back combing again and pulled that backed up hair ect. I only went half way. I went to my friend Antlers house to help her pack for college. She has a head full of dreads, and was so upset i only went halfway with this baby. So she finished up the end with super duper tight comb back method. Then placed a pretty purple glass bead in my hair! (I recently lost that bead) She put some dreadhead product in my hair to smooth the loose hairs.I tried rubber bands at the roots, for a while it worked. It created the root to stay smooth but the other end of the dread to lock.So i kept with the rubberbands until recently. The end of Rainbow started to come out and i got so scared that i have since kept a rubber band to make it have a blunt end. After a few months of the baby dread maturing, i decided the end of the dread had too many loose hairs. I tried the crochet method and all that did was create a tight design of hair in my dread and parting that i am not completely happy with, but not completely upset with.As of now, 1 1/2 years, Rainbow has matured to a nice heavy dread. I dont have to do much maintenance with Rainbow. The roots lock and i do the palm method and Rainbow seems very happy, as am i.
updated by @saphire-fav: 01/13/15 09:07:14PM
Saphire Fav
@saphire-fav
13 years ago
12 posts
This is matured Rainbow
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u tried way too hard every single thing u did was counter productive the wax especialy the constantly working on it u never should have blunted the end and ..rubber bands for a yeaar? very bad idea

how can white girls get dreads? by not combing..the end

dreads should bnever have taken all that work

want proof? well 1st remive the wax thats evil and must come out

bu stp combing stop conditioning go swim uin the ocean and..wait..it will dread all on its own

all the work u did just made it harder to dread (except he bead that wazs the only helpful thing u did)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Saphire Fav
@saphire-fav
13 years ago
12 posts
In the begining it was very counter productive! But with all new things you learn. My other three were done with a lot less effort. Rubberbands to me now seem rediculous, they definitly don't help the process, except for rainbows blunt end. I personally can't keep a blunt ended dread. Do you have any suggestions? My other 3 are loosys and I intend to leave them that way. And wax! I hate wax never used it just that one time antler put it in. I didn't like the texture after she used it either.Over all I feel so much more at ease with the last two, I back combed and left it. Its really funny all the stages you go thou with yours dreads. Learnin techniques and quickly realizing what's the better way what's the hrmful way. When ever I go to the beach I feel like my dreads get a drink of fresh salt water.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its better if theyre not blunt blunted tips make the dread take 5 times longer to dry

and yea its best to jut let em dread crochets very damaging

wax is gross

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I love the story of your journey! It seems you learned so much by so little and seem very happy with the end result and the results that are coming from your new ones, that's great!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form