Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just started my natural/freeform dreads about a month ago, need some pointers

Nick Hersey
@nick-hersey
13 years ago
4 posts

Not much dreading going on.. Maybe a tiny bit of sectioning.. I haven't combed my hair in about a month and I have been using Dreadheadhq's residue free shampoo (Yes, I was dumb enough to almost backcomb, so I bought the whole kit </3) and I occasionally spray it with locking accelator.. I wash once every 3 days and have to wear a pony tail at work (My hair is about 10 inches long).. Any pointers on getting some dreadies started?

updated by @nick-hersey: 02/14/15 08:32:18AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

how are u washing and drying its not only what u wah with but how u wasgh..and dry ..and sleeping o n wool will help too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nick Hersey
@nick-hersey
13 years ago
4 posts

I just wash it section by section and very gentle.. I normally let it air dry because not any major locks have formed so they take like an hour to completely dry

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

dont just wash the scalp only rinse it thro the hair but dont wash the hair r5eally

u might wanna try the baking soda since u dont touch it at all then

or keep using what your using but only scrub he scalp

--
Adam Jaymes Robinson
@adam-jaymes-robinson
13 years ago
19 posts

Brother.. Im going to prefacit what im about to write with a statement that I am NOT trying to be rude or disrespectful.. But dreads take ALOT of time.. especially with caucasian hair.. you probably wont even see any kind of results until about 8 or 9 months into the natural process.. if you are looking for fast results i would suggest backcombing, though im not a fan of it myself, alot of other folks have success in catalyzing the dreading process.. i personally think it defies the entire nature of the process and is silly.. but to each his/her own..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

actualy 75% dread within a 3-6 month range almost 10% under a month 5% about 6 months to a year

if he changes how he washes its very possible to see dreads in weeks to months most likely 2-3 but vould esasily be less

just see the poll resultds

--
Nick Hersey
@nick-hersey
13 years ago
4 posts

I will continue to wait and let my hair do its own thing.. Im fine with waiting, but I was thinking that what if I wait all this time and nothing happens? I'd hate to keep doing something wrong that im unaware of then find it out 9 months down the road.. I guess if I just keep washing every 3 days with residue-free shampoo and no combing then nature will take its course and dreads will form

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

yea just change how u wash washing just the scalp ignoring the hair abd i bet u see a diference soon

--
Nick Hersey
@nick-hersey
13 years ago
4 posts

I will do that! Thanks for the tip :) So just washing the scalp and letting the soap fall and wash the rest?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

yup as it rinses thru it cleans without the rubbing thatr undoes knots

in fact the water running thru creates knots

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus