dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going to start over.

Ethan
@ethan
13 years ago
2 posts

Hello all :)

I had dreads for about 11 months, back combed method. I originally bought the DreadHeadHQ stuff because I was new to the world of dreads. I decided to go against the wax, though...so I guess I saved the dreads from that fate :P So, about 11 months in, I decided to cut them...I don't really know why to be honest, they were dreading pretty well. They even started looking more natural and less man made because I didn't do anything to them after the back comb. That may be what got me to cut them though...The ends wouldn't dread at all.

So, I cut them off...then like two months after regretted it like crazy. I'm now growing my hair out to re-dread :P (my hair is still really short, but I'm trying to decide what method to go with this time around)

I would love to go with neglect, I think they are beautiful personally...but society doesn't seem to agree. I'm not so sure I could be strong and push through the beginning stages of neglect.

I'm not sure if I should go back combing again, twist and rip, or neglect. I'd love input from the dread community.

I want them back sooooo bad lol, I wish I never had cut them.

updated by @ethan: 01/13/15 09:06:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id go neglect or tnr preferably neglect and who cares about what society thunks society is falling fast anyway

i doubt there will be such a thing much longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
13 years ago
123 posts

I say go natural. If someone is going to treat you differently or disrespect you just 'cause you've got dreadlocks, they will do it no matter what method you used, it makes no difference to them. And even if you decide to do something to them, they will all look messy before starting to look good.

I am on my second set myself, a month and a half into neglect, and I am loving the progress so much more this time (the first set was twist n' rip).

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

i went with tnr just because my hair just didn't want to dread naturally (wasn't even trying to dread at the time i was just to lazy to brush my hair). so you know. with tnr, the ends don't really want to dread either. from what i have seen anyway. i'm only 1 month in and i have 2-3 inches that are still loose

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the ends are better off that way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colt
@colt
13 years ago
17 posts

So true so true... Think about how it makes you feel rather than how others judge you. They dont have to like it. I reccomend neglect, in my eyes its more meaningful and spiritual.

soaring eagle said:

id go neglect or tnr preferably neglect and who cares about what society thunks society is falling fast anyway

i doubt there will be such a thing much longer

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form