dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

did anyones dreads not thicken much?

Evolet
@evolet
13 years ago
12 posts

hey,

so my babies are 2 weeks old and I love them so much. I really love the thickness they are at and I don't want them to turn into fatty's.

I have 42 dreads, and un-dreaded bangs....most of my sections are 1 inch and there are a few that are a tad bigger than an inch.

my hair was fine and thin pre-dreading and I guess I'm just hoping that they are not all going to be an inch thick a few years from now.

is there anyone who's dreads didn't thicken up much? looking for people who's dreads stayed thinner than the root section I guess...

I really don't want to comb any out...I love them and feel attached to them and they are locking up so nicely!!!

peace

updated by @evolet: 01/13/15 09:06:45PM
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

i'm pretty sure they will thicken after time. some people say they will thicken to the size of the sections (mostly). i'm at 1 month and they aren't getting any thicker yet but i can't wait till they do

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they will thicken why are any over an inch?

42 tho with undreaded bangs sounds averaghe size so i think your overestimating the root thickness id guess more about 3/4 inch

but yea they will thicken to pretty much that size

how were they started tho?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how? did u crochet or something? oh u backcombed?

backcomb start out puffy and fat and shrink as they start to knot then thicken as they mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
13 years ago
81 posts

Mine are around a year old now (man how time flies, eh) and they have thickened a little. I have around 40 dreads and have approx 3/4" sections (give or take on a few) and they have so far stayed smaller than the sections and have grown about 3-4" in length.

Evolet
@evolet
13 years ago
12 posts

thanks everyone. I feel better now :) I think I just need to surrender. they will turn out how they turn out I guess. I think I was getting flusterd because a few of my dreads on the top of my head have sections that are a tad more than an inch....(I measured) lol! but I'm sure I'll be fine

love and light!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i think the thickness will vary depending on the thickness of your hair. someone with thick hair most likely has more hair per square inch than say someone like me with thin, fine hair. my sections are all random sizes. some are larger than an inch but still the lock developing is smaller than a pencil.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form