Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Puddytatpurr
@puddytatpurr
13 years ago
24 posts
Before dreading, whenever I washed my hair, it would part naturally down the middle (more or less) and now my dreads are too as I have done them naturally (with a bit of backcombing to encourage them along)Will this look stupid? Will I be able to flip locs any which way like I did with my hair?I'm still in the Sideshow Bob stage, should I try to train some of the locs to lie a different way to break the parting up a bit? Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
updated by @puddytatpurr: 01/13/15 09:05:54PM
Cricketine
@cricketine
13 years ago
14 posts
Yes!Mine started with a middle part and it looked stupid. After my first washing I draped them to one side creating a side part and bobby pinned them in place. After the next washing I pinned them on the other side, next time I pinned them straight back. I repeated this until they just decided to lie back on their own.... Which was today!!I wish you the best of luck :)Oh, if you wear a hat/tam, pull the front back when you wear it. Not sure if this actually works but my mind tells me it does.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i wouldnt bother tryi ng to do nothing bout the part thats just from the forced sectioning and it will go away on its own in a few weeks thet will grow like a mane a mane has no part just give it a few weeks and u will see the part go away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i had a pretty defined off center part when i started my journey. nothing i could really do about it because of a cowlick. nine months later its still there but definitely not as perfect. some of the hair on one side of the part decided it wanted to be on the other side. i'm sure that once your locks are developed then you'll be able to flip them to whichever side you want them to lay.
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts
I had a natural centre part before I stopped combing, but now my crown hair flops all over, a different way each day. From what I can see in the photo, your part is starting to be less obvious. I've never seen matured naturally-grown dreads with a defined part. I'm sure your will end up the same.
Puddytatpurr
@puddytatpurr
13 years ago
24 posts

I didn't do forced sectioning, this is how my hair naturally fell, I stopped brushing for a few days then I backcombed the tails that had formed.

I look forward to being able to flick it about LOL

soaring eagle said:

i wouldnt bother tryi ng to do nothing bout the part thats just from the forced sectioning and it will go away on its own in a few weeks thet will grow like a mane a mane has no part just give it a few weeks and u will see the part go away
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts
When ure locks mature u can flop where ever u like on ure head, dont worry about it :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form