Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

MY DREADS JUST WON'T DREAD!

Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
13 years ago
32 posts
Will someone please tell me how I can get the bottom 3/4 of my hair to actually dread. The roots are SORT OF knotting but the rest of my hair is still just loose, brush-able hair. I've had them for about 6 months. WTF.
updated by @katrina-randall: 09/30/21 09:11:15AM
Jennifer Hardy
@jennifer-hardy
13 years ago
6 posts
Maybe backcombing them will work. They all say time is the best answer though. If they are natural then it could take longer than 6 mos to a year. I really like the twist and rip method and I use it to help with locking my ends. Good Luck!
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
the last 1-2 inches on mine are loose too, I like it that way, and as SE says, the water just runs out when you wash. If you want them locked up, try the tnr, but I bet they will lock themselves, with loose tip, in time...xo Jersey']
Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
13 years ago
32 posts
It's almost all of my hair though, I don't get it and it's just starting to piss me off. idk.
Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
13 years ago
32 posts
baking soda, sea salt, apple cider vinegar.

Matthew DiBiase said:
What do you wash your hair with?

Katrina Randall said:
It's almost all of my hair though, I don't get it and it's just starting to piss me off. idk.
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
OK, this is going totally against the natural, BUT...maybe it's time you tnr them and use the Jamaican mango lime locking gel on them. I used that at first, it worked great, but it isn't the "natural" way. It leaves no residue but does hold the hair, even lets it move. I'm in south jersey if you need help...Nancy
Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
13 years ago
32 posts
I did TnR, they fell out. So I tried backcombing, fell out too. WTHHH!

ExaltHimx7 said:
OK, this is going totally against the natural, BUT...maybe it's time you tnr them and use the Jamaican mango lime locking gel on them. I used that at first, it worked great, but it isn't the "natural" way. It leaves no residue but does hold the hair, even lets it move. I'm in south jersey if you need help...Nancy
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Then even tho I'm pure Scot and Greek I must not be white, cause it really did well for me, hehehe. And they locked hard and fast, too hard and fast now that I am doing all natural, lol. the bottom half of my hair is locked really well. DON'T use the wax, just the locking gel...

Matthew DiBiase said:
Mango lime products aren't for white people's hair it docent do well for it

ExaltHimx7 said:
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
13 years ago
327 posts
roll the loose hair between your thumb and middle finger till they become this knotted wad..and then stick it into the roots of nearby dreads... maybe a bead over it.... :)
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts
Sucks to see your still having issues, i think we both started out original sets like a month apart. Although im interested in what every1 says about this because i think i have about 1/2 +my length undreaded too. Goodluck in your patience ;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form