Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

URGENT DREADLOCK HEALTH PROBLEM

Calin
@calin
13 years ago
3 posts

I have a friend who has beautiful dreadlocks . But he has a BIG problem!! For about 4 days he discovered lice in them. he is taking treatment against them. But the problem is: does he have to cut off his dreads ? Will they remain in the dreads if he does not cut them?
Also, if you have any sugestions on how to get rid of them faster, pleas respond to this . Any helping tips and sugestions are welcomed and hoped for.
So thank you for your time spent reading this.
Peace.Love.Unity. Respect.

Calin

updated by @calin: 01/13/15 09:05:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bun up the dread pour on 70% rubbing alcahol wrap them in plastic leave it like that 30-60 minutes (use a paper towel tube or hose to breathe throufh the fumes can overwhelm you)

the fumes kill them dead

they can hold breath 14 minutes though so let it soalk at least 20 better an hour

after that soak in undiluted apple cider vinegar 10 min or longer

then wash

very important

repeat this rtreatment every 3 days like closkwork not every 4 or 5..every 3

and wash everything in the houredse with ecvery treatment

stuff you cant wash seal up oin plastic bags for 2 weeks to as mi]onth they die if they cant eat

lice lay eggs every 5 days

eggs hatch every 5 days

lice become mature every 5 days and lay new eggs

so killing them eve4ry 3 days breaks the cycle

u must do at least 3 tratments in 9 days

sometimes it takes more then 9 if u get reinfested

add neem seed oil to your wash too

and use teatree always

teatree will prevent u from getting lice

teatrree and lemongrass togethers even better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Calin
@calin
13 years ago
3 posts

Thank you for replying. good thing he doesnt have to cut them off

Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
13 years ago
37 posts
the one thing se didn't mention is. IT HURTS!!! i got lice in my hair and i used the rubbing alcohol. and its hurt like no other. ever got a tattoo? its worse than that. my head was all scabbed up and gross and taken a long time to heal. hope he does well and gets rid of them. and doesn't cut them off like i had to. good luck.
Raych'll
@raychll
13 years ago
22 posts

This may be kinda odd but they sell giant bags of diatomaceous earth at feed stores for cheap & i use it to stop fleas on my cats and bugs in the garden so it would probably work on lice too. Its all natural silica diatoms that scratch up the shells on bugs and cause them to dry out. It would definitly have to be applied repeatedly and use a dust mask while dusting with it b/c its bad for your lungs if breathed in. I use it every once in a while on my hair anyway because i live in a humid-ass climate and it absorbs some of the oils n such, but ya, I already figured if i picked up lice somewhere id be dusting myself with it. Hopefully your friends gotten rid of the lice problem by now, but I figured Id post this up here since lice sucks & they need to die! -but without the use of chemicals, of course.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the hurting sterilizeds the wounds but yea u scram yell pound your fist on the wall but it kills em the burns 30 min its better then days of insane itching and clawing off skin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form