Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

best way to join two skinny sections?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
my whole head has pretty much separated into small sections but i have one in particular thats super small and i'm trying to join it to the lock next to it. i've had them held together with a bead for a couple of months now but if i remove the bead they are still two separate locks. is there anything else that i could do that would encourage them to join?
updated by @heather: 02/14/15 09:15:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are they joined at the roots?

the best way to join to dreads is simply to not seperate the 2 dreads

if u force em to join with a bead give em a good 3 months for enough new growth to come in to dread as 1 dread

otherwise just dont seperate them and sooner or later they combine (takrs rougghly 3 months)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts
you could try wrapping them together.. a few of mine combined nicely after being wrapped for a week or two
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
the larger section only has about 3" of knotting in the center of the section. the other one is knotting on the end. i don't mind if they stay separated but i want the roots to join so its a stronger lock in the end. i'll put the bead closer to the root and see if that helps.
Huallacanes
@huallacanes
13 years ago
4 posts
one thing you can do!!
If you happen to have a loose hair tool/dread tool, you can use it to pull loose hair from one into the other as well which will help hold them together., I wouldn;t recommendelastic/rubber band at the roots, to snug tight.. your hair wiil break.. blessing.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
thats a good idea. i'll have to see if my daughter will help me do that. i just want this lock to be stronger down the road.

xxMercy said:
you could try wrapping them together.. a few of mine combined nicely after being wrapped for a week or two
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i don't own any hair tool plus my hair is probably way to silky soft for that to even work. i wouldn't do rubber bands. my hair is thin enough:)

HUALLACANES said:
one thing you can do!!
If you happen to have a loose hair tool/dread tool, you can use it to pull loose hair from one into the other as well which will help hold them together., I wouldn;t recommendelastic/rubber band at the roots, to snug tight.. your hair wiil break.. blessing.
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts
yeah i know what you mean! the thin one's can feel pretty weak sometimes. good luck=]

Heather said:
thats a good idea. i'll have to see if my daughter will help me do that. i just want this lock to be stronger down the road.

xxMercy said:
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

yeah, that and they also pull on my scalp when they start to knot up. not good when you already get migraines.the thicker ones don't seem to do that as much.

now i just need to figure out how to do the wrap. i've seen people do a sort of x pattern down the length of the dread and i would like to do it that way instead of wrapping the whole thing.

xxMercy said:

yeah i know what you mean! the thin one's can feel pretty weak sometimes. good luck=]

Heather said:

xxMercy said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouled never use a loose hair tool (harpoon) on my dreads! ouch its opainful eno9ugh to just watxch it used in vids..ouch

but i have alotta extremely thin ones

1 was as thick as the letter l on your screen andr that was a congo of 3 extremely thin dreads

and it was over 4 feet long and strong

but i haVE LET MINE CONGO AT WILL LATELY damn caps

i just dont seperate and they combine at the roots its not hard to do just let it ghappen

think about the purpse of a bead or wrap

it just prevents accidental seperatiomn so it becomes joined

but if u just dont seperate them u get he same effect

i constantly find new congos i just go thru every 3 months or so and make sure none are getting too huge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form