Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loops not coming back "down"

Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
6 months in, in the past all my looping has looped, tangled and then kind of straightened back out nicely. Now I have about 30 sections in loops, some very tight, and some that have been that way for weeks, and I am worried they aren't going to come back down and straighten out. It's looking pretty crazy in back. I just need to give them more time probably right? This is what the next 6 months will be about, huh? Just need affirmation please!
updated by @macrina: 01/13/15 09:05:02PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Affirmation granted :) Yes it just takes time. My hair was crazy loopy the first year. They all went away....mostly. I have a couple of very small loops left on one of mine. I love them and hope they never go away. But they are tiny, and i think they will disappear one day too. Little lumps and bumps give dreads character. Learn to love them :)
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
I will love little ones. But this is hair looping at the ends and climbing up until there is one fourth the length left and staying balled up there for weeks. But I'll wait, with more confidence now :)
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
They are doing exactly what they are supposed to do :)
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
And yes you will loose a forth the length or more. Mine was to my lower back and ended up way above my shoulders before it stopped shrinking. That is normal, just the way knots form. They won't straighten back out, they form dreads.
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
Thanks for your patience...bear with me. The shape of the looping is not rounded, they are obscure. They will "shape up" if nothing else?
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Yes they will. Some of your loops may form into bumps....but they will eventually get smaller.
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
Thanks so much for yourencouragement- it's a new stage! I feel like a newbie all over again!
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
You are very welcome :) I had a few loops that i thought would be there permanently. So I know how you are feeling.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would it be bad if they dont?

loops are awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form