Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

men baldness and dreadlocks

Kristina
@kristina
13 years ago
13 posts
I am having one friend, he desparetly desires to have dreadlocks, but he is having weak hair and he is having start of mens baldnes. We are planing to do just little of twist and rip to form sections, and then leave them alone. He is having straight long hair. How safe is that for his hair, and do we have here on site somebody who is having mans baldnes issues and don't give a shit to that?
updated by @kristina: 01/13/15 09:04:55PM
Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts
I am starting to have some slight issues with my hair and balding, I said to hell with it and am growing my dreads anyways I have wanted them for years balding or not I say go for it. Dreading might help if your not combing less damage and hair loss. =)
Star Mercer
@star-mercer
13 years ago
34 posts
I'm not a man, but my hair was falling out in handfuls. Not from actual balding but from dying it waaayyy too much. Since I have started my dreads, I only get a strand or two every day. I'm not too sure if there could be any repercussions with his hair or not. But if its starting to fall out anyways, why not give it a try. Its definitely something you could ask SoarinEagle though. Good luck!
james nair
@james-nair
12 years ago
1 posts

Im 27 and now have no dreads on the top apart from two little ones at the front which both recently ripped off. Honestly i dont really care.I love my dreads, i love having long hair. Sometimes i get really paranoid about it but really why should i. i did have more hair when i started 4 years ago, but the dreads certainly didnt help my hair last longer whether they sped the baldness up i do not know.

So bald head and 16" around the rest.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Me too. My mom's whole side of the family goes bald early. Granted I started my locks when I was about 20, so roughly 6 years ago. But at 25, now, I am definitely starting to see my hairlinereceding. TnR is the next most gentle way to start locks next to completely natural. Just be careful and don't pull on them harder than isnecessary.

Jame's I'm right with you. I have just started to knot up a few baby locks on top of my head, but they are only about an inch long. And the hair up there is VERY thin. So I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't grow much. I don't care either. I love the locks I do have. I just hope that I will have the classic "hair around the side of my head, but bald on top" look. I'd love to have locks just around the sides and back of my head when I get older. I'd be bad-ass

Ash ☮ ♥ & hoopiness
@ash-hoopiness
12 years ago
1 posts

research wheatgrass juice :) besides the MANY other health benefits it's been known to help with hair loss, depending on the underlying cause of the hair loss.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form