Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
call me Av
@call-me-av
13 years ago
6 posts
what are some ways to get dreads to lock?
updated by @call-me-av: 01/13/15 09:04:19PM
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

dont touch em as much. keep them clean either using BS wash or a residue free shampoo.

less you do with your hair, the more nappier it will become. you can make a sea salt spray to accelerate it

average joe
@average-joe
13 years ago
34 posts
i started mine both times at about two inches of hair. twisted them. first time i had double strand, and this time i just have single strand. lots of different ways though depending on the look you want.
call me Av
@call-me-av
13 years ago
6 posts
is thier anything i can put on it to make it lock?

NeedIRun said:
i started mine both times at about two inches of hair. twisted them. first time i had double strand, and this time i just have single strand. lots of different ways though depending on the look you want.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nooooooooooooooooo no never pout anything in them!

threy need to be clean free of products

all u gotta do to dread is ..nothing

just let the hair dread

call me Av said:

NeedIRun said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
average joe
@average-joe
13 years ago
34 posts

call me Av said:

NeedIRun said:
i started mine both times at about two inches of hair. twisted them. first time i had double strand, and this time i just haveingle strand. lots of different ways though depending on the look you want.
We'll both times I started mine I used beeswax. Which was a huge mistake. Stay away from beeswax if you can. Find a locitican tha knows a lot about hair and what should and shouldn't be put in. My loctician went through this process to get all the wax outta my head after she washed it.she uses her own blend of hair cream that leaves no residue and doesn't attract and hold lint and dirt. It takes time more than anything else to lock all the way uo.took a few months before my hair was all the way locked up. Ask around though, I'm sure someone can help you.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i would very strongly advise u stay away from locticians less then 1% in the entire world dont create complete disasters the best thing you can do is grow natural dreads or start them yourself at home with no products at all

--
average joe
@average-joe
13 years ago
34 posts
Av are you trying to get well groomed looking locks or go the natural route? i think that can influence the way you want to go about growing locks.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why should it?

the question is do u want dreads that last or that only last a couple years

you can get dreads that look any way u want doing them yourself

if u get ripped off over and over at a salon you will have dreads that are caked in wax have holes poked in them till they break or get twisted so much u go bald

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form