Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

to crochet or not to crochet

james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts

well ive became fairly impatient on my locs here recently and im getting tired of wating for like the four inches of hair at the ends to mature

updated by @james-butler: 02/14/15 08:58:18AM
princenoobsauce
@princenoobsauce
13 years ago
56 posts
how long have you been waiting? the crochet may break some hair and make your locks very hard. did you try to t&r the ends?
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts
Hello:) It's neat you have dread babies, they are sweet..But you have to ask yourself, you doing it for style, or for you..Like ask yourself do you want healthy dreads, or unhealthy dreads? And if you want unhealthy dreads do what'cha want..lol but i'd think some more into that, because it might take you one step back. Hope whatever you decide is for you, not others..Take care & peace :) Have a wonderful journey !!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono do not crochet and why would u want the ends to dread leave the ends alone!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts

well im doing it for me i don care wat anyone thinks but ive been waiting seven months and i only have like three inches of dreaded hair and like 3-5 inches of loose hair on the ends and im only impatient about the ends the rest im perfectly happy with

Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
I see were you're coming from on the ends bugging you. Mine are usually curly and I don't really care for it. But like princenoobsauce suggested, t&r is a better thing to do than crochet. I did t&r on my ends and it took care of the major curls.
james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts

tahnk you now i kno were i stand now were are thetwist and rip videos lol thank you everyone and jah bless

Ferret
@ferret
13 years ago
10 posts

Pretty much what everyone else has already said. Crocheting human hair is pretty damaging. I do fiber art (spinning wool, knitting, crocheting, weaving, ect..) and human hair does not have the elasticity or crimp to it like animal fiber does which mean that the hair will become damaged as it naturally shifts because it is pulled and breaks. Try rip-n-tearing the ends and slipping beads on if they start to unravel.

Julian
@julian
13 years ago
27 posts
I just thought of something. I'm not sure how knotted and tight the body of your dreads are because I have no personal experience with natural dreads, but if they're kinda losse still then t&r might pull the entire dread in half, and it would be like having brand new t&r dreads. I could be totally wrong though lol. Just a thought I had
james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts

well i can thank my friends and my friends on here my friend kayla told me i would be the same without curly nappy hair lol so ima leave emm be i just tnr one of emm and now it pokes outlol but ima let emm be i just came to a realization that there doin wat nature wants not watother people want

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form