Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How does chlorine effect dreads

Punk4peaceॐ
@punk4peace
13 years ago
13 posts
Just wondering how pool water or chlorine might effect my dreads if I go swimming...should I not get themwet or wash them after or just let them dry..?
updated by @punk4peace: 01/13/15 09:03:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wet the hair b4 u swim with clean non-chlorinated water so it dont absorb too much

do get your hair wet its silly to be afraid of water

chlorines alkaline will dry the hair out u sure wanna wash or rinse it out but

u do not want to wash with bakig soda unless u do acv 1st apple cider vinegar is acidic so will reset the alkaline chlorine ph to axcidic (hairs normally acidic slightly)

if u did bakig soda after chlorine your gonna be very alkaline maybe real dried out even damaged

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Punk4peaceॐ
@punk4peace
13 years ago
13 posts
Thanx se...that helps alot. I would have deffanitly gotten it wet I just wanted to make sure how to keep it healthest...the info u gave is perfect. Nameste friend

soaring eagle said:

wet the hair b4 u swim with clean non-chlorinated water so it dont absorb too much

do get your hair wet its silly to be afraid of water

chlorines alkaline will dry the hair out u sure wanna wash or rinse it out but

u do not want to wash with bakig soda unless u do acv 1st apple cider vinegar is acidic so will reset the alkaline chlorine ph to axcidic (hairs normally acidic slightly)

if u did bakig soda after chlorine your gonna be very alkaline maybe real dried out even damaged

Anthony J.
@anthony-j
13 years ago
12 posts

What about pools that don't use chlorine? how does Baquicil another type of pool cleaner fare against new forming dreads?
mine are a month and only little babies.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no idea probably safer but pools u geberaly check the ph ballance to adjust the chemicals u use so check the pools ph

but ya id wash after maybe with a drwad soap or bronners instead of bs/acv unless u know the ph of the pool

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anthony J.
@anthony-j
13 years ago
12 posts

I do not know, but i can check. we have those little PH strips.

Thanks for the info!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form