Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mature dreads--What's your routine?

Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts

Alright, so now that I've passed the crucial 1 year phase, I've been thinking more about how to keep these babies smellin and feelin their best. So...what's everybody's routine to keep their dreads nice and healthy?

I wash about every 3 days or so with dreadhead shampoo (I know, but I bought the damn thing when I started and STILL haven't run out.) that I've added some tea tree oil to. About once every month I"ll do a BS ACV wash and rinse to get them feelin extraaaa clean. >_< After I lightened my hair I noticed my dreads felt pretty damn dry so I rubbed some Vitamin E oil in them. (Don't know if that's good or bad, but it seemed to make them feel better and it's the only thing I could think of at the time. Eh, live and learn right? lol)

Anyone else?

I plan on having these babes a really long time so I'm interested to hear what everyone else does to keep their dreads healthy after years of dreading. Oh, I'm also interested to hear if anyone has any "Dude, don't do this, LOOK what happened" type stories.

Peace & Namaste :)

updated by @nikki5: 01/13/15 09:03:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda every time pretty much usualy acv after (99.0% of the time) and very often maylees after that for that oh so yummy smell

sometimes add vitamin e if supr dry

otherwose jojoba or safricas best or both

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Moonchild
@moonchild
13 years ago
12 posts

It's nice to put a bit of coconut oil in the bath water (with bs/acv if you like)and soak them. if they are dry (which they have been this hot summer!)I find I really like to do this.

namaste.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form