Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help tips are going soft and ripping

MissKitty
@misskitty
13 years ago
5 posts
Ive had my dreads for 3 yrs should have started them natural cause they were already starting that way...but wanted it quick wish I hadnt but anyway they are reallly good now but soe of the tips are going soft and some are ripping off 95% of my dreadies are fine and someone told me its from backcombing and thats the weak part going away i dont know any help would be appreciated!
updated by @misskitty: 01/13/15 09:03:24PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

I am trying to imagine what you are talking about. Is it just the very tip ends breaking off? Or is is breaking off halfway up? Are they spongy soft or brittle soft? It could be so many things. Pictures would help too.

Without anymore knowledge of the condition of your dreads. I believe it could be damage caused by letting them get too dry. If that is the case, I would recommend conditioning with small amounts of oil. Jojoba is very close to our natural oil. Grape seed oil is really good too. Even olive oil if the other oils are unavailable to you.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u only backcombed its probly not from that unless u did it real agressivly if theyre real long they can get tattered from sitti g on them or whatever

i wouldnt worry at all as they get real long u do tend to lose chunks now and then

but i dunno what your talkimg about really just ..not hard not blunt?

spunds like theyre doing what they want and u should let them

but pics will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form