Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about my locs

RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts

After reading a bit on this site I realized that I made a mistake in going to my local salon to get my dreads put in. They took some 2-strand twists which I already had done at the same salon and interlocked them. This happened 2 weeks ago. They didn't turn out well and to make matters worse some of them either unraveled or fell apart and I was left with an itchy scalp to go along with it. No matter how much olive oil I put on my scalp the itch would not stop.

Yesterday I washed my hair with a shampoo bar (I didn't need to vinegar rinse that time due to all the olive oil on my scalp) and retwisted my locs after I let them dry for several hours. My hair is in relatively better shape, but a few of my dreads have very loose hair. Is it too late for me to start freelocking or can I continue in that direction? I can add a picture of my current hair if that would be helpful.

updated by @rsavage26: 01/13/15 09:02:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just stop twisting stop interlocking wash and seperate ..u may have weaker spots where it was interlocked but if it wasnt done alot thats not going to cause extreme weakness..a dreads pretty dam strong when healthy 1 that was interlocked 1 time is about 30% weaker..still pretty strong tho

did she use abny kinda crap that would cause the itch?

its not oo late just save your $ stop going back to the salon they will turn out great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RSavage26
@rsavage26
13 years ago
50 posts

Hmm... not sure. I don't think wax is used with interlocking but when my hair was dirty there was this crusty nastiness at the root of some of my dreads. It was inside the knot.

I want to follow your method, but my mother saw my locs today and she's trying to press me into going back to the same salon that caused my troubles in the first place. I'm putting my foot down on that BS.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wax might be used yea so could other crap i woukd call and ask what was used if wax your going to want to remove it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form