Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

He says I should start all over

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts

When I made my dreads initially I didn't bother proper sectioning. I wasn't going for a uniform look, so it seemed like a silly and bothersome thing to do. I think the dreads on either side of my head look pretty great, but he claims that they wont look good in the long run. I'm down with him redoing the back of my head because it's a huge mess of undreaded hair and congos and he says proper sectioning will help me in the long run.

So what do you guys think. Is sectioning dreads really THAT important, and are my babies doomed to be ugly?

updated by @sierra-nicole: 01/13/15 09:02:29PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
he who? well, anyone that goes natural doesn't have even, perfect sections. mine are all kinds of weird shapes. i would think you just grabbing hair would be fine as long as your sections aren't super huge or over lapping each other. i wouldn't worry about it. give them time to mature. you could always split or combine some down the road. starting over just sounds like more damage to the hair. just let them be and they'll be fine:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
how big are they and whos "he"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts
I honestly think when you section everything perfectly in to GRID like sections it looks wayyyyy worse and wayyyyyy more scalpy! I think random sections makes them look more natural and cool =] Anyways tell "HIM" whoever he is 2 shutttttttt up ;]
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
When it comes down to it, you have to be the one happy with your hair since its on your head. Its your journey and no one elses.
Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts

Hey Sierra I thought the same about mine to,, all I can say is that things like that will grow on you after time, and you won't think they looked weird or odd,

sections like that just tend to form to your facial structure and fit you perfectly until people say they couldn't imagine you any other way,

just my opinion, hair looks good anyways :)

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts
The he I am talking about is my bestfran/baby daddy. haha. He's had a couple sets of dreads, but lost them to rehab. Lol. I let him take over the back because it was mostly just loose hair anyways. I guess the reason he said they would look bad in the long run was because they were growing together like everyday, and some of them had chunks of hair from inches away from where the dread actually was. haha. He ended up doing a lot more than what I said was okay to do, and left me with this mess of braids, loose hair, and dreads so right now I'm kind of irritated and doing them myself based on the sections he set up for himself. He had to go back because he was only home for the weekend. I guess I really don't mind though. He's really wanted to help me make them from the beginning. He means well, but I'm sad that some of them are gone. Q_Q
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form