Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ouch, ouch, OUCH!!!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i don't know how others natural dreads started but mine seem to lock from the bottom up. i have one in particular that is causing me pain. when its knotting its rotating around as it gets closer to my scalp. its getting tighter on one side and has a bulge of loose hair on the other. it hurts. i tried to pull on the hairs to loosen them but they aren't budging. i considered cutting the hairs but that would be about a third of the dread and with my thin hair it would be quite obvious. i don't know what to do. my scalp is so tender there and i've seriously considered cutting/undoing it but other locks are doing this too so i don't think that would help anything in the long run.

will this dread finally start to pull the other loose hairs in and even out the pulling?

{help!}

updated by @heather: 02/14/15 08:07:12AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes do u tie em up alot or something tho?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
no. i wear it down most of the time. they just like to rotate 360 degrees as they're knotting for some reason.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm

well thery will ort themselves out

if theyre hurtin toss enm in a tam a bit

can u show a pic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i wear a tam to bed every night. here's a couple of bad cell phone pics. not sure if you can tell but the left side is the tight part and the right is super loose. i just want the loose part to start pulling into the lock so all the stress won't be on the one side. plus it has a big heavy wad of hair on the end of the lock which makes itheavy and uncomfortable.

updated by @heather: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
Mine are locking in the center. Like, the middle is tighter than the rest and then it gets progressively loose as you get to the root and the ends. The only one that isn't like that is the one that is a week older than the rest.
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
Also, mine is doing the same thing as yours. There's that large loop on one side, then the straight part. It's like those hairs don't want to be with the other ones. It angers me. I also have one where the loop is the part that isn't locking, but the other side is. I don't understand it. Confuses me.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I have a couple been causing me discomfort..one is my fault I seperated it wrongly I think and the other is just so heavy at the bottom and has an awkward "root" area so I've been flipping it up on top of my head so that it doesn't pull. It should sort itself out tho hopefully soon!
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
I had the same problem but only one. It was on top of my head. It was doing fine until the base of it (theroot) started to split and make a Y. Exactly like "Y". The lock itself started to get really big compared to others and every time I would put on a shirt or put on a tam it hurt soo bad! Like seriously I felt like if my niece tugged on that specific dread it would rip out. Well, I lost patience and cut it. Now this sad, but good for me too. I felt soo much better.. it just looks really dumb now and I have to kinda comb that part with my fingers so they don't get sucked into others.. :/ BUT, studying this lock of hair I noticed I'm not washing soap out to well. So now I have a very clean head with a missing puzzle piece lol but I don't care. I say leave it alone Heather, try not to touch it too much. Patience!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
it's from wearing the tam to bed, it may not seem like it but that will cause them to turn around. It happened to all my front ones from wearing headbands. once they grow out they will be fine, I would stop wearing the tam to bed. Hope they feel better soon!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form