Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wuts gwaannn wit ya?!

Stoneman
@stoneman
13 years ago
3 posts
From wut I'm reading on this forum most of y'all prefernatural dreads...Well I have twists with black beeswaxand I must say Im 100 percent satisfied with the resultsI've already read how wax is a build up blah blahbut I feel it leaves me well mostureized and it holdsthe twists while they lock up while I sleep my moms bfhas had dreads for 6-7 years nd he refered me to hisstylist nd the stylist/barber actually had dreads down tohis waist but he recently cut em I use a spray for the itchso I don't run my fingers thru freshly twisted rootsloosening them and allowing them to lock up as closeto the scalp as possible....idk wut else to say got an questionshit me up I'm a cool guy....smoke weed...legalize marijuana!
updated by @stoneman: 01/13/15 09:02:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they wi=ont lock with wax in them wax does not moistureize it wateroprioofs trapping dirt trapping water then they rot from the inside oils moisturuize

and..anything that holds..prevents dreading they will never dread with wax in them the wax musrt come out! its evil srtuff after the wax is out they dread on theyre own no need to twist (which weakens the roots and even can make u go bald)

they wont itch either if u keeop rthenm clean and wax free

any stylist shouldnt be trusted they all screw u

get that wax out and they will be 10000% better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

actually theirs alot of people on this site that have backcombed, twist and rip and natural dreads. I think the number one thing that people here preach about is not to use wax. You might be happy with your dreads now but see dreadlocks need to move and wax acts like a glue so that your hair doesnt move. Movement= knots = dreads. Not only that but it does trap all types of dirt and can cause mold or mildew which can make you sick. petroluem is also the main chemical in wax. its like vasoline

Stoneman
@stoneman
13 years ago
3 posts
There is no petroleum in the wax I use. And my dreads move plenty at first when I get em twisted they're all hunky nd slimy with wax but after 3-4 days it starts to go down to my scalp and after a few days I'm shakin my dreads to the beat. My stylist curls the twist at the root and after a few days of sleeping with a protective sleeping cap tht curl knots up real nice.

GratefulNick said:

actually theirs alot of people on this site that have backcombed, twist and rip and natural dreads. I think the number one thing that people here preach about is not to use wax. You might be happy with your dreads now but see dreadlocks need to move and wax acts like a glue so that your hair doesnt move. Movement= knots = dreads. Not only that but it does trap all types of dirt and can cause mold or mildew which can make you sick. petroluem is also the main chemical in wax. its like vasoline

Susanne Gorman
@susanne-gorman
13 years ago
19 posts
Seems like a lot of work, especially when they will do better if you leave em alone. There is no benefit to the wax, no matter what kind.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

curls the roots? dude fire the stylist they are screwing you and ripping you off they will not dread with wax in them and any stylist that dares put wax in dreads is a scam there are plenty of horrible stylists that cause total disasters but know enough to not use weax only the worse of the worse would ever put wax in dreads thats the truth man u got to fire the stylist and get that nasrty wax out

in fact demand every cent u paid en back they gotta learnh they cant destroy dreads with wax that way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form