Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello all I'm new at this

Char Boysen
@char-boysen
13 years ago
1 posts
Hello to all,I am starting my dreads for the third time, the first time I had my hair pulled back all the time and I got a big mat of dread, the second time I had I had to brush them out for legal issues. Some people even today still think your a bad mom if you look different. Other then that I hope this time I can keep them and hopefully I can find people in south Dakota to help me maintain them.Char
updated by @char-boysen: 01/13/15 09:01:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you do not want anyone to maintain them but you

you just want to leave em alone only wash and seperarte and its a total lie u had to take em out for legal issues they can try to claim it will help your case to cyut em but it doesnt at all they just want you to conform to theyre ideas and if u buckle they know your weak and push u aroud even more

the courts tried forcing a freind to curt hers to change her religion to get rid of all her freinds cause they were african tried forcing her to move etc etc etc even change her diet..but you know if she did any of those things it would only hurt her case not help her

but idf the 1st 3 sets were waxy then its probably a good thing you started over so this time you can do it right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer
@amelia-marie-dreadybear
13 years ago
18 posts

Hey! What a bummer. Some people can be sooo judgemental! I live in the south, too. Texas, to be exact. Trust me, I get some stares, and people ask me some wacky questions.Boo on them. It's their loss, not yours.

I am sure you are a great mom. Now you should rock those nappy thangs and show them that you are capable of anything, AND you have dreads! We all have to work together to get rid of this negative stigma associated with dreads.

Happy dreading, welcome to the site, and see ya around! :)

S Pluskiss
@s-pluskiss
13 years ago
27 posts
Hey! I get out that way twice a year for family!Welcome to the site:)
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
He is right. You should only visit a loctician if you can not start them your self . After that a second visit is not neccessary. At one point I was dolling out nearly 100 dollars a month for someone to tighten them with products from the local beauty supply store. For some 100 dollars is not a lot and other girls in my age/race range spend that much getting wigs and weaves, but the money could have been better spent. Welcome.

soaringeagle said:

you just want to leave em alone only wash and seperarte and its a total lie u had to take em out for legal issues they can try to claim it will help your case to cyut em but it doesnt at all they just want you to conform to theyre ideas and if u buckle they know your weak and push u aroud even more

the courts tried forcing a freind to curt hers to change her religion to get rid of all her freinds cause they were african tried forcing her to move etc etc etc even change her diet..but you know if she did any of those things it would only hurt her case not help her

but idf the 1st 3 sets were waxy then its probably a good thing you started over so this time you can do it right

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 guy last year knew a guy who spent 14 thousand on his dreads the salons saw him comming and were more then happy to work on them constantly i think it was only 4 years and 1/2 were noticibly hanging by a thread and several fell off

some ppl will literaly never wash theyre own hair unless its washed by a loctician they think dreads aere complicated and if ou dont go to a pro you screw em all up..evebn by just washing

they spend thousanfs and they end up with weakened dreads with lots odf baldness around em

Mary said:

He is right. You should only visit a loctician if you can not start them your self . After that a second visit is not neccessary. At one point I was dolling out nearly 100 dollars a month for someone to tighten them with products from the local beauty supply store. For some 100 dollars is not a lot and other girls in my age/race range spend that much getting wigs and weaves, but the money could have been better spent. Welcome.

soaringeagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form