Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone know if blowdrying dreads is okay?

Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
13 years ago
10 posts
I sometimes blowdrying my dreads after I shower is that okay for them?
updated by @sydney-noel: 01/13/15 09:01:54PM
andy macleod
@andy-macleod
13 years ago
15 posts
i do quite often, i kept it on a low intensity when the dreads were still young to try to reduce the loose hairs frizzing, but with mature dreads it seems fine :)
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts

Its ok for them but i found that if you let them air dry they dread allot faster especially if you wash them right before you go to bed and just sleep with them wet!

XOXO Lexz

Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
13 years ago
10 posts
okay thanks for your help!
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
use the cool setting
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
13 years ago
217 posts
i blow dry mine every time i wash them... once a week or so. i haven't noticed any damage.
S Pluskiss
@s-pluskiss
13 years ago
27 posts
I prefer to dry mine in the breeze, but when necessary I will use the blowdryer on a warm or cool setting. My best to you!
Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
13 years ago
10 posts
Thanks for everyone's advise!
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
10 months ago when I washed my hair in the evenings I used to sit under an overhead dryer. They cost 20-30 dollars. Now I would let it air dry, if you go to a beauty supply store or the ethnic hair section at walmart you can just buy a satin finish pillow case cover for 2 dollars so your hair can breathe while you sleep.
Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts
I blow dry on low, on the warm setting. I also used to put a nylon cap over them for the first few months and it helped a lot with the frizzies. (I just cut the leg off a pair of pantyhoes.)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form