Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

will a bead round out a dread?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

so i have these weird, flat, paddle like clumps of hair hanging from some of my locks. i guess my hair likes to knot from the bottom up. anyway, i have one in particular that bothers me because its HUGE. after i washed my hair today i kind of rolled it into a tube shape and put a big bead on it. i like it much better now but will it be a problem later if i leave that bead on? will the bead help the hair compact and round out over time? also, the rest of that dread is still locking up will the bead slow down the process because of the weight or something?

thanks for the help:)

updated by @heather: 01/13/15 09:01:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the holes round right so the dread inside the holes forced to be round

no it wont hurt the process it helps

how heavy is the bead anyway?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
yes, the bead is round. it's bone and not super heavy. i can't feel it when it's on unless i swing my hair around or something. i need to make sure i don't turn my head too fast though. it hangs right by my eye and i don't want to go blind. lol;)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i had a glass bead smash into my eye when i decided to race a skateboard (and cop) down mount tabor in portland i was going so fast by the time i got down the mountain my fingers were smoking trying to steer i was over a block ahead of the skateboard maybe 2 and it took another 3 blocks to slow down ..flying through intersections trying not to dye finaly pulled a wheely (u can stop faster in a wheely cause the center of gravity is farther back and u wont just skid) but was still flying to fast so spun into a currb and went flying smashing the glass bead into my eyebrow

so yea beads can be a hazzard when your a psycho

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
so stay away from glass beads or don't get chased by cops while on a skateboard? LOL:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well the cop wasnt exactly chasing me but like the road from the top of mt tabor zigzaggs dows we were having a full moon drum circle at the top and was racing the skateboard at the 2nd zig zag i came flying round the corner skidding with the skin burning off my fingers almost hit the cop car parked om the corner so he followed me to the bottom to make sure i didnt go over the guard rainl and down a cliff..lol

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
lol! oh no. then you wouldn't be here to run this cool website:(
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Yeah Heather they seem to help a lot in my opinion, been using them alot to help mine and they seem to only help the locking process, tho my "paddles" are way too large for any beads I have and the only thing I found I can get on it is a nut bead I made (wrapped acrylic yarn around it to make it nifty looking) and that's just wayy too heavy I may just make some XL clay beads see if I can get them on a couple! :)
Beksta
@beksta
13 years ago
22 posts
The question has already been answered, but I wanted to share a funny story on the topic of "flat, paddle-like" dreading...I had one of them on one of my back locks for a while and I had someone comment that it looked like a 'dag' (one of those flat mats that sheep get on their butts), only she added, that at least mine didn't have poop in it like sheep have...I replied, with a straight face, 'well actually, it does, poop really makes great dreads, and it's all-natural. I believe in natural locks.' The look of horror on her face was priceless and so worth making myself sound like a filthy poop-headed pig hahahah
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
lol! omg. i can't believe she would even think you were serious. too funny:)

Beksta said:
The question has already been answered, but I wanted to share a funny story on the topic of "flat, paddle-like" dreading...I had one of them on one of my back locks for a while and I had someone comment that it looked like a 'dag' (one of those flat mats that sheep get on their butts), only she added, that at least mine didn't have poop in it like sheep have...I replied, with a straight face, 'well actually, it does, poop really makes great dreads, and it's all-natural. I believe in natural locks.' The look of horror on her face was priceless and so worth making myself sound like a filthy poop-headed pig hahahah
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form