Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Items that have meaning to you in your dreadlocks.

Jessica83
@jessica83
13 years ago
7 posts

I was wondering what items everyone has attached to their dreadlocks that hold any kind of meaning to them?

For example in the first pic is of a blue zebra peace sign necklace that i got out of a quarter machine but it was on a day after my mom had gotten out of the hospital very sick and was able to get out with me and my husband. It was on our last destination on this very wonderful day that i got this item out of the machine so when I look at the item it makes me happy that I had an amazing day with my amazing family.

In the second pic is of a sea shell that came of a sea shell plant holder that hangs outdoor that is made entirely out of sea shells. When i was younger when me and my parents would go to my aunts house she had several of those hanging on her porch and when my dad would go out to her porch to smoke of course i would go with him and while out there i would pull the shells off or my dad would for me. My dad passed away almost 6 years ago now so i love always having that happy memory right there hanging in my hair on the left side by my heart.

updated by @jessica83: 02/14/15 03:51:55AM
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
i love that you have things for your mom and dad!! i have a little silver owl-shaped bead on one dread that is for my late grandma, owls were her "thing", she had little statues of them all over, and it helps keep her with me. i'm looking for a mother-of-pearl bead to add in for my mom, that's her favorite. and i have two wraps in that my partner has done for me. pretty sweet!
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
i have a bead that my friend's mom gave me as a gift about a year ago. its red clay with a lobster burned onto it and it looks very old. it means a lot to me and ive kept it in most of the year
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Well I bought this really cute frog coily on etsy, and it was so cute, I dropped it in my sink and broke it...I was devastated....my husband was the sweetest guy in the world and surprised me with super glueing it and it's all better now so now it means a ton to me! :D
Jessica83
@jessica83
13 years ago
7 posts

Thank you all for replying to my topic you all are awesome and i loved hearing your stories. My shell bead actually fell out the other day thankfully I heard when it fell so i will be able to reattach it. I also forgot to upload a pic of a bead that my mom made me out of clay.

Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts
Yay! I'm so happy you posted this thread! I too have sentimental beads...well actually, the only ones I will put in my hair hold sentimental value. :)
My native American friend made me a turquoise and purple zig-zag peyote stitch that's about 3" long
My dready sister and bff made me a badass swirl charm out of clay that frequently dangles on the bottom of a wrap
My friend Nikki who originally got me interested in dreads gave me an awesome glass bead which I call "starry night"
The list goes on, but those are the most important ones to me and I would be crushed if I ever lost them. I only wear beads my friends have given me because I think it's a good way to carry the people close to me with me. I absolutely love that you guys have things that remind you of your family! Good thread!
Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts
Lol, anytime I hear a "ting" on the floor I'm checn my dreads to see if something fell out! Jessica83 said:

Thank you all for replying to my topic you all are awesome and i loved hearing your stories. My shell bead actually fell out the other day thankfully I heard when it fell so i will be able to reattach it. I also forgot to upload a pic of a bead that my mom made me out of clay.

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I just got the cutest hand painted little bead from a member from here's daughter and I love it!
Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts
once i get my dreads in and am able to put beads on them i'm going to have my daughter make and paint some sand bead for me :)
jameela bailey
@jameela-bailey
13 years ago
30 posts
a metal pen cover, from when I was at my first school, and i found it right when i was about to leave the school, and I've been to 3 schools so far aha
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form