Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ripping issues

bobbi blaine
@bobbi-blaine
13 years ago
11 posts

so it's been 9 months and for the past few months i have become obsessed with ripping dreads apart that have begun to separate at the base. often, this leaves skinny dreads with big clumps of dreaded hair at the end... is anyone else doing this and will this obsession ruin my dreads in the future?

also, many of my skinnier separated dreads have become dread balls : /

updated by @bobbi-blaine: 01/13/15 09:01:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop it!

your ripping dreads in 1/2

and as much as knoitysleeves liked to claim its harmless think about what yoir doing

your ripping a dread in 1/2! thats guarantreed to break every single hair in the dread probly many times

only do it if it absolutely had to be done as in the dread was huge to begin with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
yah i would listen to SE and stop unless its nessicary. i ripped most of mine in half and i was very fortunate to still have intact dreads, but during my ripping i saw just how bad it can be for them. though i only had like 13 dreads to start off with, it was nessicary for me to avoid mold issues and such with drying
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
I'm glad you posted this, I have one dread in the back of my hair that just wants to split down the middle, from the root to about have way down it had become 2 dreads but still one dread from about half way down to close to the tip. I've been tempted to just rip it in half, but figured I should just let the hair do what it's going to do. Now I am confident that is the healthiest thing I could do. I hope you find peace with your dreadies, I'm sure they'll be fine if you let them be. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok u got to stop that throw the scissors away..

i'm gonna come over and tie u up bondage style to keep your hands away from your head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

i broke that habit. I was always inspecting my head, grabbing the dreads at the base constantly, ripping them. But it sucks overall unless you really need to. Just let em do what they want to do.

Patience is a virtue!

Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
lol. se will yell at me, but i did the scissors thing too. and a knife! lol. but anyway, once dreads start maturing its a nono, but i think if theyre still relatively new and easy to separate without breaking hairs it should be alright.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
yeah, I'm really bad with scissors too :( I keep vowing to never do it then I find some parts I cannot rip and they drive my ocd nuts =\
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form