Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads aren't natural

Dahlia
@dahlia
13 years ago
30 posts
So today my mother was looking at my hair and she said, "your hair looks very dry. It needs a good deep conditioner. Wow, you are killing your hair with products." I laughed replied, "mom really? I haven't used a single product other than residue-free shampoo in like a month," I patted my locks and said, "besides conditioning it might undo all my progress." She looks at me, "so what happens when you are going to regret this? You gonna cut off all of your hair?" I shrugged, "I said why does everything have to be do or die with you? What happens if I never regret them and I feel that this was the best choice I have ever made? It is nice not being a slave to a brush and straightening iron." She then retorts with, "well it isn't natural, it is just weird." I giggled, "mom really? Dreads are the most natural thing in life." She kinda did a -_- like yea that was a stupid thing to say type deal. I decided to share.
updated by @dahlia: 01/13/15 09:01:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ask her

if hair left alone dreads isnt that natural?

so wouldnt cutting combing conditioning ironing straightening curling and paying hundreds of dollars to style it be the exact oposite very unatural?

why can i do nothing pay nothing and just look great but u have to spend hours and lors of money to maintain your look

seems the more natural style is the 1 that takes the least work and money

maybe even add up everythung she spends on hair care and the time wasted too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dahlia
@dahlia
13 years ago
30 posts
It is nuts last night I was bored and calculated all the money I use to spend on products in my hair and I got about $160 every two months in products to tame the frizz, condition it, and protect it from heat and $150 every month just getting it dyed and cut etc etc. She is really high on pills because she is still recovering from a surgery so I don't think she thinks before speaking. Lol
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i don't get parents that are so concerned with how their children look. maybe they feel that it's a reflection on their parenting or something? i have 3 kids and i support them 100% when they want to express themselves through their hair or piercing, etc. they're all old enough to make choices that aren't going to be harmful to themselves. i actually took my daughter when she was 15 to get her nosed pierced and then at 16 her septum pierced. she didn't do it on a whim. it was something she really thought about for months so i felt like she really knew it was something she wanted. she's 21 now and has since removed the nose ring and is now stretching her ears. i'm kind of jealous;)

just remember, your beautiful and even if your mother doesn't approve she still loves you with all her heart. i'm sure she'll see the beauty in your hair once they're fully developed and lovely:)

Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts
My boyfriend always brings up the "I like your natural hair better" (referring to my hair before I had dreads) I tell him this is my natural hair and I get the same -_- look lol.
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
Lol I was thinking the same thing to be honest

Sarah Hagan-Stuff said:
really? girl you DO NOT look old enough to have kidsin their 20's! lol you look barely old enough do drink yourself!

Heather said:

i don't get parents that are so concerned with how their children look. maybe they feel that it's a reflection on their parenting or something? i have 3 kids and i support them 100% when they want to express themselves through their hair or piercing, etc. they're all old enough to make choices that aren't going to be harmful to themselves. i actually took my daughter when she was 15 to get her nosed pierced and then at 16 her septum pierced. she didn't do it on a whim. it was something she really thought about for months so i felt like she really knew it was something she wanted. she's 21 now and has since removed the nose ring and is now stretching her ears. i'm kind of jealous;)

just remember, your beautiful and even if your mother doesn't approve she still loves you with all her heart. i'm sure she'll see the beauty in your hair once they're fully developed and lovely:)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
lol! *blush* thanks guys:) my second child is graduating from high school next week so it definitely makes me feel old. my best anti aging advice for anyone is eat clean and COCONUT OIL! i swear by that stuff. slather it all over your body and add it to your food. the best stuff ever.
shea bannon
@shea-bannon
13 years ago
19 posts

i feel your pain now that iv gone vegan every time i have a headache or sneeze my dad blames it on my diet. and i say " no dad imhealthy-erthan you! " "parents"(not all but most) just look for things to poke at just because its not part of the normal everyday bull that the do !!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form