Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

backcomb

james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts

its been ecaxtly five months sinc i backcombed and there only 2 -3 inches of hair tht actually looks like dreaded hair the rest looks straight my hairs bout 8 inches long

updated by @james-butler: 02/14/15 09:15:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

backcomb fails more often then not but the natural process shoulda taken over and dreaded by now so what are u washing with...how..how are u drying is it oily

are u messing with them

this is why i recomend tnr over backcomb it just works better all the way around

lets see pics tho

and gimme info on how u wash with what any and all products u tried ..and we'll spot the problem and reverse it

im sure the next 2 mionths will see more progres then last 5

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u wear a hat alot? (moving to methods)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it does fail more often tghen it does good

its a poor method thats why wax was invented to hold it together

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

because...backcomb tends to fall apart more often then not

it is true im not making this up

backcomb works for some but more often then not in weej=ks sometimes months falls apart entirely

its a poor method that does more damage then its worth yea it does far less damage thencrochet but concidering how often it falls apart its often nit worth it

tnr works better fails way less often and is way less damaging if at all (youd have to reallly do it wrong to caue any at all)

backcomb dkes fall apart way way more often and that is why they started using wax abnd eggs and glues and all kinds of craop to keep it from falling apaert

but then they started getting greedy and insisting u needed wax for any type dreads even neglect

(probly where they got the 4 years estimate on neglect cause waxed hair wont dread fir years if at all)

but wax was originaly invented because backcomb failed so often and wax made it "work" in shorter hair too

the only purpose being to prevent backcombing from falling a\part

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it does njot work for most thats the whole point it fails for most..it works for some

and only in certain areas did it go back before johny clean before those sites existed yea some backcombed hell theres even 1 or 2 who tnr b4 then tioo but b4 those sites existed closer to 90-95% were natural very few used starter methods thats why u almost never see backcombeddreads older then 10 years..hardly any existed..it was very raere

your missing the point completely

backcombing does fall apart more often then not

its well known fact

about 1/2 that backcombed wil tell u it fell apart completely so they just let it dread naturally

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude yoiu are basing your argument on the fact that it did not fail for you i am going on the observation of thousands and thousands of cases and it is a fact it fails more often then not

wghat the hells your problem?

it is a fact..

--
james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts
i wash with bs acv and teatree and lavender oil im letting natural dry i dnt wear hats
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

is it oily ?

do u soak or scrub

--
james butler
@james-butler
13 years ago
19 posts
and i soak were its dreaded it pretty solid its went trough loops and everything the ends just arent dreading
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form