Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introductions are in order!

Matt11
@matt11
13 years ago
2 posts

Hi! thankyou for setting up this amazing community my quest for dreads would have ended in disaster without it :)

first things first; I dont have dreads. im going to be doing it in july after my exams. afterwards so i have no distractions over the next weeks.

I am an 18 year old Englishman, a dedicated muscian and extremely looking forward to having dreadlocks. I want them due to aesthetic reasons, aswell as many of the muscians and people i aspire too have dreads (Anders Friden, Benji Webbe, Ilja Jalkanen amongst others) rather than religious or spiritual reasons (im the least spiritual person i know) but even so dreadlocks still represent a commitment which im pleased to go through.

At the moment im probably going to go with twist/rip + neglect dreads. After reading this site i will never let a drop of wax near my head (thank you!) which before hand I thought was the best and only method of making good dreads.

would anybody be able to answer some questions?

1. how strong are baby dreads? As a guitarist in a metal band i headbang alot! would this undo valuable dreading time?

2. how much hair length is generally lost once dreaded? my hair is as long as my lower back as i said and i aim to have kind of chunky, maybe medium sized dreads. if this question is impossible to answer then no worries! :)

Thanks again :)

Matt

updated by @matt11: 01/13/15 09:00:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome

headbanging creates movement movement creates dreads if u just headbang they will dread fine

if u go natural the length loss isnt drastic usualy often not notixcable as it dreads and grows and shrinks all at the same rates

if u tnr u can lose 1/3-1/2 right away then another 1/3-1/2 by month 8-13

in some cases u can go from waist to ear length

but in general longer hair shrinks most

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt11
@matt11
13 years ago
2 posts
thanks for the replies and advice! when i get the dreads i think i will have to curb the urge to headbang and tone it down a bit rather than my usual windmilling through a gig xD anyways! hi im fine thanks just about to go to bed:) how are you? :D
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
Hey and welcome :). I wouldn't curb the urge to headbang. I really don't think it will hurt them. I love headbanging and it hasn't hurt mine, they are knotting up fast :) Lou x

Matt said:
thanks for the replies and advice! when i get the dreads i think i will have to curb the urge to headbang and tone it down a bit rather than my usual windmilling through a gig xD anyways! hi im fine thanks just about to go to bed:) how are you? :D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form