Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing!!!

Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts

i have to say the first 2 times i had dreads i only washed my hair like once every other week and it took awhile for it to knot up but this time i have been washing it everyday when i shower and once a week with the baking soda avc rinse and im less than 2 weeks in and my dreads already have started knotting up amazingly i love it!!

~Elroy~

updated by @elroy: 02/14/15 09:48:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea washing helps em dread it amazes me that salons tell u not to wasgh for months to a year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts
yeah thats really gross i think my hair is dreads faster too because its curly and its always most curly after a wash so im sure its helping tons!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when u combed it was always most knotty right after u washed even if u conditioned

--
Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts

i never combed my hair after showeringand it refused to section on its own so i helped it out a bit in a few years though it wont even matter they will look about the same as natural dreads

thanks i will deff. look into the oily scalp though

~elroy~

Raven Renee
@raven-renee
13 years ago
10 posts
Actually, the point of washing your hair is too REMOVE natural oils. Oil builds up when you haven't been washing your hair, point being, that is why hair dreads faster when you DO wash your hair daily.So keep on keeping clean, brother!
Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts

thanks i was doing some research after reading that and found out that exact thing but i still had to check and i cant not wash its knoting up like mad and my hair smells so great afterwards with the lavander soap!

~elroy~

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you see washing does remove oils over washing strips too much healthy oils trifggering a responce to produce more and more ..like if you dont eat every lil bit u do eats converted to fat cause u go into starvation survival mode if you constantly strip all oils your scalp freaks out and over produces

also ph matters as well if your too acidic you produce more too alkaline u are extra dry

so you dont want to strip all oils just clean the oils leaving a healthy ammount not causing to much over production

so u wash not daily dont strip it all away and have a healthy ph ballance and u wont be oily any more

well..

its a lil more involved then that

Raven Renee said:

Actually, the point of washing your hair is too REMOVE natural oils. Oil builds up when you haven't been washing your hair, point being, that is why hair dreads faster when you DO wash your hair daily.

So keep on keeping clean, brother!

--
Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts

so even with the bs acv wash once a week i still should not wash everyday is that what im getting from this? is it better to wash every other day and still do the bs acv wash once a week or is there some other method i should consider when washing?

Thanks soaringeagle ~elroy~

GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts
id say wash when you want to, but if u wash them all the time and they never fully dry it will make mold, mould.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form