Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

On the right path?

uoma
@uoma
13 years ago
13 posts

So.... I did not cut my hair for 4 years. :D I stopped using a residue shampoo and conditioner all together about a year ago. Yesterday my hair was sectioned and backcombed. It was not painful. :D From this point on I will be neglecting. Please tell me I am on the right track. I will never crochet because I understand how it breaks the dreads. I will not use wax because I spent a good year doing research online through many different sites, this one, dreadheadhq, and knottyboy. Ty Soaring Eagle and everyone else for all the insight. The plan is to let them do their own thing. I wear them in a tam for work (chef in L.A.). Use aloe vera every now and then when I need them lookin nice. Wash them once a week in the ocean. (pics to come). :D Now to play the waiting game... I am aware I look frazzled. It was a long day :D

updated by @uoma: 02/14/15 05:40:19AM
V0rN
@v0rn
13 years ago
16 posts
W0 those look chunky as !!! How many dreads do you have all up ?? Ied say your on the right track jus let em do there thing from now and just keep them clean!!:D, good decision about the crochet hook and wax u wont be needing any of that shit.Peace!
Susanne Gorman
@susanne-gorman
13 years ago
19 posts
Looks nice man:) Now just let nature take its course! Beautiful
Tim Barnes
@tim-barnes
13 years ago
25 posts
Niceee
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they lok chunky but from the backcombing making em poofy the section sizes look lil large ..slightly larger then id recomend but not by much they look fine they will be thick dreads tho

im guessing u got at least 28? more likely over 30-35 a decent number

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
uoma
@uoma
13 years ago
13 posts
ty for the support!!! i have between 55 and 65. :D yeah they are totally sideshow bob poofy craziness. But I figured it would be the easiest way to get them started without full on neglect. My hair is very thick so kinda expected the craziness. :D I know they are gonna get really crazy before they start getting tight, especially after I wash. <3 you guys are the best
G_
@g
13 years ago
18 posts
definitely on the right track bro
uoma
@uoma
13 years ago
13 posts

53 is the total. give or take :D

ty so much for the support!!!!

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

wow man, they look good!

I second Amanda's idea to start a timeline. I don't think i've ever seen how backcombed dreads with no wax mature. pretty interested o see how they evolve.

ps. your hair was sooo long, holy cow.

uoma
@uoma
13 years ago
13 posts
yeah its been kind of a nightmare combing out everyday for the last year or so... i am so excited to just let them do their thing... should i be rounding out the ones on the back of my neck that are getting flat sleepin on?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form