Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does long hair lock faster?

Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
I'm starting to get discouraged and not liking the short look thinking of rockin the fro till it gets a bit longer. Any helpful thoughts?
updated by @miko: 02/14/15 05:40:16AM
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

ok, i kinda feel like I'm doggin you now cause I already replied to you lol

anyway, long hair does lock a lot faster, but short hair shrinks less. This is important for you because you want that uniform look, and shrinkage will cause curls and loops and zigzags all over the place. I rocked the fro for a long time, and now I'm dreading so the loops and stuff don't bother me, but if you want that uniform perfectionist look you were talkin about, you'll want to start short.

Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Nah u good sweetie it's just the last time I had dreads it was different cuz I got them done in a shop and my hair was already about 2 1/2 feet long lol

Lu A said:

ok, i kinda feel like I'm doggin you now cause I already replied to you lol

anyway, long hair does lock a lot faster, but short hair shrinks less. This is important for you because you want that uniform look, and shrinkage will cause curls and loops and zigzags all over the place. I rocked the fro for a long time, and now I'm dreading so the loops and stuff don't bother me, but if you want that uniform perfectionist look you were talkin about, you'll want to start short.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

in caucasian hair yes in african it will lock very very short very easily

youve hardly been locking a couple weeks u gotta give it months ..relax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Yea I kno but they poof whenever I wash

soaringeagle said:

in caucasian hair yes in african it will lock very very short very easily

youve hardly been locking a couple weeks u gotta give it months ..relax

Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts

there gonna poof when you wash them until they really start locking up you can try to spry some sea salt on them that might help them lock up a bit faster

~Elroy~

Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Thanks man

Joshua bingaman AKA (Elroy) said:

there gonna poof when you wash them until they really start locking up you can try to spry some sea salt on them that might help them lock up a bit faster

~Elroy~

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
in my case my long, soft, white girl hair is taking FOREVER to knot. lol:) i probably should've cut some length off before starting. oh well.
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Lol idk if I'm just being insecure or what but I'm not used to short hair much less short dreads. I guess that's why this is not just a new hair style but an inner spiritual journey. Patience and love will have to persevere to see this through..... Ugh I hate being patient

Heather said:
in my case my long, soft, white girl hair is taking FOREVER to knot. lol:) i probably should've cut some length off before starting. oh well.
Elroy
@elroy
13 years ago
22 posts
patience is one of the best things you can learn from having dreads and all the remarks and looks you get help you to learn patience and understanding too because you can bet your bottom dollar alot of people probably wont like them but stay positive and hang in there for the long haul its worth it in the end this is the third time i have had dreads i just got them started and they look rediculious and are quite short but by the time they grow out to a good length the will be nice fatty dreads!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form