Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hoping its not too late, but thinking it might be.............!!

El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

Hi my names Justin Im a young 40 yr old who has unfortunately started to lose my beloved hair. My mothers dad was bald and I guess im fated to follow that genetic pathway.

Anyway I have started shaving it all off as the more is less moniker fits. I hate it I want my hair back....not only that I want some dreads dammit!!!

So I scooted through some sites and saw guys with hair that had receded more than mine. I am thin on the side but I still have plenty of the stuff. I read somewhere that Dreads can make thin hair look thicker long term....

Anyway I guess Im looking for some hot advice, Im happy to post pics if people need reference to whether i would stand a chance......

Good to be aboard the forum and hope to hear from someone soon......

Love & unity

J

updated by @el-blanco-dread: 03/26/19 01:16:58AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Pictures please.......XOXO
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

somewhere? somewhere is the very last thing you want you want to grow natural dreads that are healthy

so just let it grow let it dread as it grows wash only

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I think it would be amazing, but I would like to see pics as well!
El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts
Ok please be brutal, I dont care, honestly, I hate my hair, If I can grow dread based on peoples experience and knowledge then let me know, if its a lost cause please be truthful, I will shave the lot off and get on with being happy....cheers people.....J
updated by @el-blanco-dread: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

Cheers for the shared knowledge... I just resent having the urge to do things now that I wish I had done 20 years ago. I will make my decision based on the percentage of replies for or against. I have read up and done some research into dreads. I appreciate the commitment. The issue I have is my hair is manageable when short and I can work etc without having to place each strand in place as I do when im growing it. I have read that hair needs to be a minimum of 3 inches to start dreading.....if so thats another one and a half inches to go and that means wearing a hat mostly and just making the best of it when Im at work or unable to wear a hat. Will check out the link you passed on many thanks.....so anyone else have an opinion for or against going for dreads???

Cheers J

El Blanco Dread
@el-blanco-dread
13 years ago
13 posts

I would rather hear 20 "No dude its game over" than have people be too polite to reply or not bother responding. If its a no go I wouldn't be offended I would just split and join a baldies site.......:)

I dont trust these brand names and reading up on them seems to put me off more, if there was a miracle cure that was affordable there'd be no bald guys right?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres tonics in the products section that may help

but really you should just let it grow and let it dread

i would not backcomb id let it dread as it grows or tnr when u reach 4-5 inches..u wanty no products no waxes nothing that will clog pores and cause more growrth issues

wash often to keep the scalp healthy and clean

it will dread as it grows

when it does thinness will make no difference at all in hopw they look except maybe a lil thin looking between dreads but the more natural u go the less odvios that will be as fine loose hairs fill the gaps

my best educated suggestion wiuld be this

when u reach 3-3 1/2 inches stop combing

when u reach 4 use that natural sectioning as a guide and twist n rip

u will want sections to be random sizes to blend and a minumum of 45-50 dreads to look semi full

that will give ya dreads on average dime size siome smaller some bigger tht blensd well

they will look silly and too thin the 1st many months but by 8 months thickenm up and look great

check out my dear friend fantuzzi http://www.fantuzzimusic.com/

whos lost bout 3/4 of his and still dreading srtrong and natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Hi! Well, you want a definitive answer...here it is. There is nothing that will permanent and effectively stop male pattern balding...period. But, there are things that will slow it down. If you are interested in dreading...this is my suggestion. Keep your hair VERY clean. Most men who lose their hair tend toward oiliness. Second, get to a health food store and ask for a supplement for Hair/Skin/Nails. Next, during your dreading journey...do not wear tams. Hair that is receding does not need the confinement of a tam orhat. Having a friend or even yourself give a nice head message is great too. I find that many men who are receding tend toward a rigid, tight scalp. Don'y force the scalp, take it in small increments, and using the pads of the fingers...knead the scalp a bit everyday. What you are aiming for is to eventually feel that the scalp shifts and moves easily on the skull with no discomfort. This manipulation of the scalp is beneficial whether you end up completely bald or not. In the end, if you are meant to lose your hair, you will. But many men thin considerably and stay at that stage for years without progression. If you want dreads, I would give it a shot. But, also...keep in mind that the weight of dreadlocks on your scalp over time could increase your loss...the upside is, that by the time you had that much weight on your head you would have been able to enjoy dreads for awhile. And, don't worry so much...it only speeds hair loss. Good luck:)
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form