Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super duber itchies

tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
Wow so I washed my hair on sunday and already I notice dandruff and I have the super duper itchies wow. My skin is crawling the whole nine. I don't want to wash so soon tried tea tree oil to soothe but don't want to keep applying every 2-3 hrs what should I do!!! They are very new and delicate short dreads so I don't want to do anything too harsh just yet
updated by @tha-tron: 02/14/15 06:10:55AM
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

lemon juice is great for dandruff, but you have to wash it out. maybe try putting a bit of conditioning oil on your scalp whereever you can get at it (around sections) which might help until you're ready to wash.

My suggestion though is lemon juice. Just put it into a spray bottle diluted with water and spritz directly onto your scalp (try not to get it directly on your dreads because it will close your hair cuticles and may cause your dreads to unravel if they are delicate) leave it on for 20 min to an hour, and then gently wash it out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash but check for bugs too your naturaly semi imune to bugs but still can get em if its insane u might have em

wash again use rosemary more then teatree too much teatree can dryy it out make it worse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
I don't think it's bugs se lol damn why you gotta scare me like that brother man=DI keep those two particular essential oils on hand. So I'll wash and rinse with acv hope that helps. I really think my scalp is trying to adjust

soaringeagle said:

wash but check for bugs too your naturaly semi imune to bugs but still can get em if its insane u might have em

wash again use rosemary more then teatree too much teatree can dryy it out make it worse

Alden
@alden
13 years ago
303 posts
SUP TRON!!! Go out to a health food store and pick up some peppermint oil. That shit is magic! Get some on a cotton ball and spot treat the itchies. I just restarted my dreads again (for like the 6th fuggin time) and I'm trying to deal with super itchy scalp right now, so I've just started carrying around peppermint and clove oil. Clove will numb the skin, great for head aches, but you can spot treat with that too and it'll numb up the itchy spots. Plus clove and peppermint both smell amazing!!!!
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Peppermint oil help a great deal! Really helps me with the itchiness! Only takes maybe 5-8 drops in your wash.
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
Surprisingly I have that on hand too bro!! Nice hearing from you again Alden

Alden said:
SUP TRON!!! Go out to a health food store and pick up some peppermint oil. That shit is magic! Get some on a cotton ball and spot treat the itchies. I just restarted my dreads again (for like the 6th fuggin time) and I'm trying to deal with super itchy scalp right now, so I've just started carrying around peppermint and clove oil. Clove will numb the skin, great for head aches, but you can spot treat with that too and it'll numb up the itchy spots. Plus clove and peppermint both smell amazing!!!!
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
Alden the peppermint oil spot treatment really helped!!! I'd be able to prolong washing for a couple days but I think I will still wash tonight

tha tron said:

Alden said:
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
Alden the peppermint oil spot treatment really helped!!! I'd be able to prolong washing for a couple days but I think I will still wash tonight

tha tron said:

Alden said:
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts

tha tron said:

Alden said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form